What's next for us now that we lost attendance bonus?

Sorry for the confusion. What management is doing is forcing us to take an unpaid 15 break after day sort to break our times so we don't get paid OT after 5 hours. With the break in time between shifts, we now have to work 8 hours before we make OT
Yes but are they working 8 hours and also I don't see any contractual language in 177 for PT meal periods or even in their state. So the company can just decide to say you get a meal when they want to?

Granted I may be missing something.

rod

Retired 22 years
I know nothing about this but with the current lack of people who want to work I would think your attendance bonus
won't disappear for long.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
It was a nice bonus while it lasted and I expect alot of their workforce to look and find better oppurtunities elsewhere. They should definetly offer another type of bonus because we are definetly worth more than 15.33/hr. If you decide to stay with the company it seems that you need to wait until the 2023 Contract Negotations. If the union could get us 18.50 - 22.50/hr they definetly deserve more dues lol.
They will bump pay 💰 up again during peak

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Sorry for the confusion. What management is doing is forcing us to take an unpaid 15 break after day sort to break our times so we don't get paid OT after 5 hours. With the break in time between shifts, we now have to work 8 hours before we make OT
What the :censored2: is this?
It's so blatent a violation of multiple items too just call the BA directly.
We'd have a field day with that over here.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I'll expand.
1. They can't force you into a full time classification. In doing so. They now have demonstrated the need for more full time jobs!
2. This is not a hack. You still get OT after 5 hours. Any and all PT rules apply so long as you are not volunteering to work extra hours on a seperate shift or classification.
3. Lunches must be 30 minutes or 60 minutes when made necissary. So all of those 15 minutes are damn well paid too.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
What the :censored2: is this?
It's so blatent a violation of multiple items too just call the BA directly.
We'd have a field day with that over here.
If he is part time I have to guess this is a joke. They are guaranteed OT after 5 regardless of break and if they go over 6 then they should be given 2 10 minute breaks.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
If he is part time I have to guess this is a joke. They are guaranteed OT after 5 regardless of break and if they go over 6 then they should be given 2 10 minute breaks.
I believe them.
The sup is trying to play double shift language like it's theirs. The new strategy. Just like trying to make lunch language theirs. Or 9.5 language theirs. Even if it makes nearly no sense.

upser2020

Where I'm at they will give u a 30 minute off the clock break between shifts if u want it but won't make u take it if the sorts bump up against each other. That happens a lot since smalls lately starts ahead of the rest of the building

Yolo

So are you classified as ft now? Should be in Ft progression working towards the top rate. Getting the FT benefits. Management can't have it both ways. You are either ft or pt.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Found the Yankee
Try summer driving in the tropics of the south

If something is too unsafe because of ice, guess what exception it's getting :snow:
I see heat indexes in the 100-110 range here pretty regularly here. I hate the heat but it beats a cold winter day with dark at 4:30 anytime.

Cause I'm a top rate package car driver, I'm just hoping they'd treat some preloaders decent enough to get a decent load.
Was talking to an 8 year seniority loader on the air dock tonight telling me she makes about $16+/hr. Of course it could be that healthcare benefits keeps her here. It sure isn't the pay. I made more then that 30 years ago working PT.