Whats The Biggest Problem UPS Union Members Face

D

Deleted

I have family and friends at UPS. What's the biggest issues that you guys deal with on a day to day basis? What is the Company or your Local doing to correct them?

bbsam

Staff member
I have family and friends at UPS. What's the biggest issues that you guys deal with on a day to day basis? What is the Company or your Local doing to correct them?
The biggest problem they face is their own disunity. Whether that's in elections when TDU all but declares war on the "old guard" or at contract time when one faction sells out the interests of another ( part timers, retirees, etc.).

I'm making to much money. I' made100k last year plus about 40g's in health & welfare plus social security match as well as other things. It's a hard knock life. Plus the just reduced my freaking family deductible from 400 to 200.

D

Deleted

We need to remember to always put others before ourselves. Never lose faith in your union. Men and women before us have fought great battles which allow us to reap benefits and wages that non union folk don't enjoy. I've always tell myself that this Union thin is bigger than just me and my Local. I hope that we can have differences of opinion on boards like this but at the end of the day, I'm still your Teamsters brother.

D

Deleted

The biggest problem they face is their own disunity. Whether that's in elections when TDU all but declares war on the "old guard" or at contract time when one faction sells out the interests of another ( part timers, retirees, etc.).
TDU needs to realize that it's methods do a disservice to our beloved Union. There is absolutely no reason to create a separate entity to try and get Democracy. Our Members in our Local were dissatisfied with the representation they received. Our Locals finances were in the toilet and our old Principal Officer tried to merge us with another Local. Our Members spoke and ousted the leadership and business agents who had become complacent.

D

Deleted

I'm making to much money. I' made100k last year plus about 40g's in health & welfare plus social security match as well as other things. It's a hard knock life. Plus the just reduced my freaking family deductible from 400 to 200.
Congrats brother, that's the whole point of the Union movement. Having a quality of life that some will never achieve is the American dream. Goes great awith a spouse, kids and the house with a white picket fence.