When do you say its over?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Yeah, only 10? At what age can you collect? 55? 62? 67? And then take a teaching job? What teaching jobs? The one's being eliminated with online learning? That pay 1/3 of what we make? Where is the line for this "buyout thing"?
Where did you hear that teaching jobs are going to be eliminated by online learning?? Even if that was the case, who conducts the online learning classes? My dads a teacher. Grosses about 80 k with excellent benefits.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
kind of. No man has lived past 72 on my side of the family. Work till I die? Could be. Why? Really don't want to be broke. Yeah, I know I

should be a millionaire. It didn't work out that way for me.

my mistress(s) is/are my airplane and a few Harley's...oh and that Vette.
Boy I wonder why.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Been here since '84. Love the job hate the company.

3 surgeries to repair damage caused by the job. Almost died after one of them. I also had broken bones along the way.

Would any of my fellow Brown Cafe members still stick around?
I would stay. Don't let them win!

Faceplanted

The first knee injury would not have happened if I have jumped off the step and not swung into the old metal plate on an old high step P8! I would happily taken a broken nose! ( Florida thunderstorms - we are not allowed to wait them out)
What???? You 100% are allowed to wait out severe weather. How have you been working at ups that long and not known this?

quad decade guy

Where did you hear that teaching jobs are going to be eliminated by online learning?? Even if that was the case, who conducts the online learning classes? My dads a teacher. Grosses about 80 k with excellent benefits.

Dude, you are so naive or stupid. A computer program is being written RIGHT NOW. Push a send button. My daughter is a certified teacher and makes about $50k. Ever heard teachers don't get paid very well? Wonder where that came from? Compared to what I make as a sleeper driver....$80k is about half. Lastly, you really think they are going to retain all of these teachers for online? Dream on.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Dude, you are so naive or stupid. A computer program is being written RIGHT NOW. Push a send button. My daughter is a certified teacher and makes about $50k. Ever heard teachers don't get paid very well? Wonder where that came from? Compared to what I make as a sleeper driver....$80k is about half. Lastly, you really think they are going to retain all of these teachers for online? Dream on.
I’m conversing, not asserting. You’re right, I am naive. I don’t have it all figured out yet, but I do have a goal that I’m working towards, which is what matters right now. I’m going to piece it together as I go along. All I know is that if I save a grand a month which I am doing now...not even at top rate...I will be at 96 k in 7 years. I can absolutely set myself up for a smooth career change in 10 years. I’m doing it.

Brownslave688

Online teaching has been a massive failure man. Across the board. Anything below college age. It just isn’t gonna work. Covid showed us that real quick.

Brownslave688

I’m conversing, not asserting. You’re right, I am naive. I don’t have it all figured out yet, but I do have a goal that I’m working towards, which is what matters right now. I’m going to piece it together as I go along. All I know is that if I save a grand a month which I am doing now...not even at top rate...I will be at 96 k in 7 years. I can absolutely set myself up for a smooth career change in 10 years. I’m doing it.
Dude quad is one of the most ignorant posters on this site. If it didn’t happen in his little fantasy world it’s BS according to him. Laughable from a guy that’s been here almost 49 years and doesn’t have the money to retire.

The Milkman

3 surgeries to repair damage caused by the job. Almost died after one of them. I also had broken bones along the way.

Are you crazy? Retire as soon as you are eligible. Walk out don't limp out. I had my share of injuries over the years and if ya wait any longer you may need help tying your own shoes. There is life after UPS. Been out over 12 years now and have seen many croak before or shortly after they hang it up. You can't buy time, seen the news lately? Many people we have seen over the years in the news etc are taking their dirt nap now. We all will in due time be in the same spot as them. Enjoy the time you have left on this orb

clean hairy

True.
Online a teacher can have a class of 75, instead of maybe 25 in a classroom..

Mobile29

Years ago when I started feeder I asked a veteran driver when he thought one should chain up in in climate weather. His answer for me was brilliant and I think it holds true for most things. “ as soon as asking yourself when it is time to chain up, that’s the moment you should chain up”. If your asking yourself something I think most times you already know the answer. Gods speed and good luck.

Shiftless

The love hate relationship starting to weigh on you? I assume its not the company, its the management team you hate? Just askin?

But if you have to ask
"When do you say its over?"

DUDE ITS OVER! Get the Fluck out of there!

I was one of those who ran as fast as I could when retirement was in reach! I wasted NO TIME reaching for that golden ticket!
The question you have to weigh out is "ARE YOU FINANCIALLY READY" ? Even that question and its answer is so subjective, it fits each person so differently.

Its all about choices! No one can explain exactly what retirement feels like as it is different for all who have retired.

There is a constant tho!
There is NO more punching in, NO more sick call outs, NO more WTF! Who loaded this coming out of your face! There is NO more physical aches N pains associated with heavy lifting! No more management people saying things that are so absurd you wonder how they even find their way home at night!

But on behalf of all my other retired buddies if you choose to keep working? We are happy to see you do so! If you can get to the triple dipping point you will be our hero!