When do you say its over?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My 55th birthday this year falls on a Wednesday,I will work that Thursday and Friday and That's all she wrote.
Stop counts thru the roof, Incompetent Management, Constant Confrontation with Management, Terrible Loads and Dispatch......... I'm done. If this were still 1985 UPS I'd stick around a few more years but I have ZERO reason to do so in 2020.

quad decade guy

Dude quad is one of the most ignorant posters on this site. If it didn’t happen in his little fantasy world it’s BS according to him. Laughable from a guy that’s been here almost 49 years and doesn’t have the money to retire.
39. Get it right. Yep the most ignorant. Lucky breathing is automatic. Now, what fantasy world?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Online teaching has been a massive failure man. Across the board. Anything below college age. It just isn’t gonna work. Covid showed us that real quick.
Truth be told, many of these teachers and administration are enjoying staying at home and getting paid.

In my state, not one single layoff has occurred. We have custodian, bus mechanics, support staff, etc, taking free paid time off because there is nothing to do.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
Been here since '84. Love the job hate the company.

3 surgeries to repair damage caused by the job. Almost died after one of them. I also had broken bones along the way.

Would any of my fellow Brown Cafe members still stick around?

I started in 1985 and retired in 2018. If you can retire, you should retire. Walk away, never look back and enjoy every single day you have left.

quad decade guy

Truth be told, many of these teachers and administration are enjoying staying at home and getting paid.

In my state, not one single layoff has occurred. We have custodian, bus mechanics, support staff, etc, taking free paid time off because there is nothing to do.

Ok. How long will this last? It costs millions to let these schools sit idle. Just like at UPS....nothing to do....layoff. Or flat out elimination. And colleges? Those properties are worth millions/billions. They ain't going to just keep mowing the grass....

The Milkman

My 55th birthday this year falls on a Wednesday,I will work that Thursday and Friday and That's all she wrote.
Stop counts thru the roof, Incompetent Management, Constant Confrontation with Management, Terrible Loads and Dispatch......... I'm done. If this were still 1985 UPS I'd stick around a few more years but I have ZERO reason to do so in 2020.

Yep 1985 was a whole different animal

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Those that know what’s coming are not enjoying it.

there’s a very real chance that these kids don’t go back until January. That will be almost an entire year without in person learning. For a few kids that’ll be ok but the large majority do not have the help or resources at home to effectively learn that way.

who is going to get those kids back on track that are nearly a year behind now? It ain’t gonna be mom and dad. It ain’t gonna be the government giving more funding to help. Nope it’s gonna be the teachers going above and beyond.

Wally

Those that know what’s coming are not enjoying it.

there’s a very real chance that these kids don’t go back until January. That will be almost an entire year without in person learning. For a few kids that’ll be ok but the large majority do not have the help or resources at home to effectively learn that way.

who is going to get those kids back on track that are nearly a year behind now? It ain’t gonna be mom and dad. It ain’t gonna be the government giving more funding to help. Nope it’s gonna be the teachers going above and beyond.
The teachers union controls our government so nothing will stop the money flow.

Brownslave688

The teachers union controls our government so nothing will stop the money flow.
Schools for the most part are grossly underfunded. While the teachers pensions here I agree are a terrible set up (3% raise every year based only on the last few years pay) across the board the rest of the education system is in dire need of funds.

Brownslave688

Schools for the most part are grossly underfunded. While the teachers pensions here I agree are a terrible set up (3% raise every year based only on the last few years pay) across the board the rest of the education system is in dire need of funds.
1594758693439.png

Wally

Ok. How long will this last? It costs millions to let these schools sit idle. Just like at UPS....nothing to do....layoff. Or flat out elimination. And colleges? Those properties are worth millions/billions. They ain't going to just keep mowing the grass....
Lol, NJ Teachers Union will have taxes raised to pay?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Woke up this morning groggy as hell still half asleep. Caught myself doing a pretrip on my personal car. Might just hang it up now.

Wally

Underfunded? Lol We spend over 30k a kid per year in our failing schools. The buildings are falling apart but plenty of administrators drive expensive cars.

Brownslave688

Underfunded? Lol We spend over 30k a kid per year in our failing schools. The buildings are falling apart but plenty of administrators drive expensive cars.
I said mostly. Every state and district is obviously unique but yes MOST are underfunded.

quad decade guy

I said mostly. Every state and district is obviously unique but yes MOST are underfunded.

I'm the most ignorant....So, how much is enough? I mean I'm ignorant and still learned to read/count sort of...around here, they build $20 mil football stadiums....which are approved by the taxpayers/parents. Underfunded? L O L

Brownslave688

I'm the most ignorant....So, how much is enough? I mean I'm ignorant and still learned to read/count sort of...around here, they build $20 mil football stadiums....which are approved by the taxpayers/parents. Underfunded? L O L
Yes every high school in the country has 20 million dollar tax payer funded stadiums.

Yes I believe ignorant is probably the right word.

Overpaid Union Thug

Been here since '84. Love the job hate the company.

3 surgeries to repair damage caused by the job. Almost died after one of them. I also had broken bones along the way.

Would any of my fellow Brown Cafe members still stick around?

If you can get out then do it. UPS is a sinking ship. Go out while it still has a decent reputation and isn’t so bad to work for. We’re being undercut and losing many accounts to our competitors that have a never ending revolving door of idiots that will literally do the job for a fraction of the pay/benefits. And we can’t claim the service is better anymore so there’s that too.

Many of the accounts that are left are slowly diverting volume to the USPS FedEx Ground in an attempt to cut costs and make up some of their losses from being closed for a month or two. But it’s not being noticed by the average UPS driver because of the current increase in online shopping. When that is over we’ll likely see a drastic dip in volume and UPS will tighten their belts like never before and those of us that are still here will be dealing with management that is under more pressure to appease stock holders than they’ve ever experienced before. Their decisions (top to bottom) have already been questionable lately. I see that getting much worse. I wish I was eligible for retirement. I’d be gone for sure.

Last edited: