When does 243 meet to negotiate

browned out

Stewards and alternate stewards (committee people) are meeting this Sunday at the Hall to get the details of the agreement.

We are hoping the Local has finally fulfilled their duty of fair representation during contract negotiations with due diligence.

The NLRB act prohibits the following:

Refuse to furnish information the union requests that is relevant to the bargaining process or to the employees' terms or conditions of employment.

We requested clarification on an essential condition of employment. Can RPCDs bump a 22.4 or work 4 Ten hour days to reach their 40 hour guarantee? THEIR ANSWER. "WE DONT KNOW"

That response is not going to cut it. If these incompetent morons did not clear that up, then...they have sealed their own fate. They will be voted out.

But, we are hoping against hope that the fear of losing their livelihoods has motivated them to act in the best interest of the 243 UPS Teamster members.

We will know early next week.

542thruNthru

Stewards and alternate stewards (committee people) are meeting this Sunday at the Hall to get the details of the agreement.

We are hoping the Local has finally done it's due diligence.

The NLRB act prohibits the following:

Refuse to furnish information the union requests that is relevant to the bargaining process or to the employees' terms or conditions of employment.

We requested clarification on an essential condition of employment. Can RPCDs bump a 22.4 or work 4 Ten hour days to reach their 40 hour guarantee? THEIR ANSWER. "WE DONT KNOW"

That response is not going to cut it. If these incompetent morons did not clear that up, then...they have sealed their own fate. They will be voted out.

But, we are hoping against hope that the fear of losing their livelihoods has motivated them to act in the best interest of the 243 UPS Teamster members.

We will know early next week.

Didn't you already file a NLRB charge on this issue?

browned out

Didn't you already file a NLRB charge on this issue?

It should be included in the Locals ULP charge.
Screenshot_20190412-214838_Chrome.jpg

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
in 30 years ive missed zero votes whether it be contacts or e board or steward. but i tell you this, i would not drive an hour each way to my union hall on sunday morning to vote if they pulled that kinda crap here in the 804

with a april 28th yes vote, we have a good chance of getting the retro check the same exact week in may that we got it 5 years ago!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
in 30 years ive missed zero votes whether it be contacts or e board or steward. but i tell you this, i would not drive an hour each way to my union hall on sunday morning to vote if they pulled that kinda crap here in the 804

Local 804 had the potential of almost 9000 votes.

What Local Union.... has that capacity available at the Local Union hall ?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
Local 804 had the potential of almost 9000 votes.

What Local Union.... has that capacity available at the Local Union hall ?

first off its 7000 eligible voting members in 804 and 243 has 2200. so what venue is needed for that size? not the point though and you know it. western penn and detroit could easily use ballot point like we did rather than inconvenience its members on a SUNDAY. youve defended the teamsters using this voting tactic in other threads and im not sure why

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
first off its 7000 eligible voting members in 804

Yep.

Mis-statement on my part.

and 243 has 2200. so what venue is needed for that size?

How many members will show up to vote ?

Probably less than half.

Maybe less.

What's going to be their excuse.... for not showing ?

The IBT has a fiduciary responsibility, not to frivolously waste the members dues money.

But;

You have people like @browned out filing NLRB charges, that he can't win.

More monetary resources.... flushed down the drain.