When does 243 meet to negotiate

DRporch

with this being my local and an entire week we only got 45% of vote. the 28th will happen in 3 ways. 1. nobody shows up to vote. it will pass. 2. people will show up pissed and vote yes to be done with it and of course it will pass. 3. with some miracle it gets voted down the union will overstep and force it through. dont worry your $45 retro checks will be here in 3 months

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Local 804.... had almost 2 weeks to vote online or with their phone.

They had a 31% turn-out rate and a 79.6% approval.

Was everyone else in church the whole time ?
That literally has nothing to do with it.

The 804 vote the national vote. Overall turnout. None of that matters.

The simple fact is the IBT is purposely making it harder on members to vote than it needs to be.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude

The simple fact is the IBT is purposely ⁹making it harder on members to vote than it needs to be.
You gonna bus everyone there?
All over the country...people who intended to vote did, and would vote regardless of circumstances. Those who didnt either forgot, didnt care or honestly didnt know.

Brownslave688

You gonna bus everyone there?
All over the country...people who intended to vote did, and would vote regardless of circumstances. Those who didnt either forgot, didnt care or honestly didnt know.
Bus people there? Christ that’s your solution? You BUG’s second account?

How bout just do it over the phone like the national and 804...

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

The simple fact is the IBT is purposely making it harder on members to vote than it needs to be.
Now your reaching....these little rules that make it harder than it mends to be??? What?? Anyways these horrible rules that don’t fit your agenda have been in place long before you were ever a part of UPS.

Brownslave688

Now your reaching....these little rules that make it harder than it mends to be??? What?? Anyways these horrible rules that don’t fit your agenda have been in place long before you were ever a part of UPS.
I’m not reaching at all. The IBT has the capability to do the vote over the phone. They are making members come to the hall on a Sunday morning.

Therefore they are going out of their way to make it harder on members to vote than it needs to be. Same thing they pulled with western penn

Needabiggerhammer

I’m not reaching at all. The IBT has the capability to do the vote over the phone. They are making members come to the hall on a Sunday morning.

Therefore they are going out of their way to make it harder on members to vote than it needs to be. Same thing they pulled with western penn

And Western Penn still gave a majoritive yes vote with higher turnout than long island that was allowed more time and didn't have to vote in person.

The best way to get people to do something is to tell them they can't or try to keep them from doing it.

F

Frankie's Friend

Garbage.
Oh, let me see. We now have electronic voting to streamline the members choice, a web site to educate the membership right with it, and when it's most necessary to use they don't offer it.
If it's good enough to use from the beginning then electronic voting should be a mainstay should it not?

Last edited by a moderator:

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Local 804.... had almost 2 weeks to vote online or with their phone.
They had a 31% turn-out rate and a 79.6% approval.
Was everyone else in church the whole time ?

I thought the vote was 1 day and at the hall?

Am I wrong?