Where's your peak pay going?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Peak's pay is going to pay bills, as usual. The day I get FT is the day I stop having to catch up on bills. Also this $640 a month on daycare can bite a big one.

The day that you get FT is the day that you will create new bills.

If you think $640/month for daycare is bad, you should try $530/week-----that is what my daughter and SIL pay for my two grandkids.

Notcool

Im at the bottom of the four year progression after 10 years inside. So mine is going to rent. Hopefully some christmas presents

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
A cheap Lexus on a long term. An LS would be around $1,500 a month for 60 months.

Wrong. It’s the December to Remember sales event. You can get an RX for $399 maroon.

maroon? Really?

You're talking about a fleece, with good money down. An RX is a lower line Lexus. I was just making a point. A Lexus can cost $100K. You think you're going to pay $399/mo maroon?

And actually, the LFA cost $375,000 when it was out.

Yes. Really. Your paying 100 K your more like borderline retarded. RX is not “low line “. It’s only 4K down. I’m sure your hooptie is worth 4K.
If you can afford the car it should cost you $0 per month.

GenericUsername

The day that you get FT is the day that you will create new bills.

If you think $640/month for daycare is bad, you should try $530/week-----that is what my daughter and SIL pay for my two grandkids.

I intend on merging the daycare and my car payment together and buying a nicer vehicle. The 2012 isn't cutting it anymore (smaller car) and more than likely going to buy a Jeep or a truck of some sort. It feels like I'm driving a go-kart after work on the way home every day.

NY is slowly starting to fund pre-K.
I'll have to look into what Florida is doing these days with it. It hasn't really crossed my mind, but all I know is that her Mom is going to take a reduced working role once she starts school. The money won't be an issue there, and the money I spend for daycare won't even matter at that point. It'll be around ~$100 a week for my other half to work a little less and then stay home with her in the later afternoons.

The Driver

I drive.
Why not focus on the car/DP funds and take a staycation instead?

Honestly, this is what I constantly fight against. I’m a super saver. I save 15% pre-tax 401k and another 50+% in savings for things like house/car. I think I need to get out of my comfort zone. I’m ahead of schedule on my goals anyway.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Honestly, this is what I constantly fight against. I’m a super saver. I save 15% pre-tax 401k and another 50+% in savings for things like house/car. I think I need to get out of my comfort zone. I’m ahead of schedule on my goals anyway.

Yeah, the 50% may be a bit much, although it doesn’t hurt to be prepared.