Where's your peak pay going?

The Driver

I drive.
I have a child but I wouldn't mind leaving some to a charity. I think when I have more time on my hands I'll be happy to spend more.

You and I and the other people on this forum work for our money. We don't fall asleep at the desk. We don't chitchat by the water cooler. We don't take relaxing smoke breaks and waste time on company birthday parties. We work hard for it and want to be careful with what we've earned, especially since we worked so hard to earn it. And if you're like me I prefer it that way. But I also like what Jackburton said. I'm going to take a little bit of that to heart. I'm in my early 30's and trying to find my groove.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
The day that you get FT is the day that you will create new bills.

If you think $640/month for daycare is bad, you should try $530/week-----that is what my daughter and SIL pay for my two grandkids.
This is not an AOL teenage chat room...enough with the acronyms...SIL?! Take an extra 2 seconds and type it out

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My oldest daughter is getting married in April. I gave her a chunk o cash to pay for a bunch of it 2 weeks ago and am going to give her another chunk in April. Probably going to buy a camera too.

When my daughter got married I added her as an authorized user to my credit card about a year ahead of time and asked her to spread out her purchases over that period, limiting them to no more than $500 or so per month.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Someone told me recently that a financial advisor said to scale back putting money away, and to enjoy experiences along the way to retirement. I took some of that advice to heart when we took our European vacation recently, when I got back and showed the guys at work, they said I looked like a totally different person, thing is I felt like it also.

Point is, if you’re like me, material stuff doesn’t float your boat, but splurge a little and do some bucket list stuff.

I am glad that you took some time to enjoy yourself as you work too damn much.

CoolStoryBro

I allocate my paycheck into different bank accounts.
I got almost 70 hours thanksgiving week (worked a little over 50 hours plus 16 holiday)
I'll be taking home over 1800 a week the rest of the year

weekly allocation:
400 - mortgage account
250 - bill pay, gas, groceries account
400 - investments
400 - spending money (mostly essentials but some luxury stuff or clothes, etc...)
400 - cash savings account

Over 1850 take home I'm putting that money toward some things I really want but have been putting off (need some nice new snow boots, etc...)

JL 0513

I'm treating myself to a $1,000 snow blower this weekend. Buying it before the rush where everyone goes before the first big storm. I'm all done with shoveling. My OT alone this week pays for it.

JL 0513

You got snow jobbed. (Pun intended)

$1K for a snow blower? Seriously??

That's mid-range. 2-stage, not even a 3-stage. I may possibly get a cheaper one but you get what you pay for. We get 3 foot snow storms. I'd like something to handle that.

I'm likely going to Lowes. They have them up to $1,600.

It's legal here and I just snagged two quarters at 35 each and a 1g 76% thc vape cartridge. Only stuff that helps me sleep, and stay asleep, during these bogus hours.