Who else has no problem with a strike?

5 years down the road they will have 5 years full time seniority, 5 years of working 1 job (probably for less hours a day) making a good living wage, plus will have accrued $1,416 a month in their pension. And will be on track to 8500 a month in 25 years later.

I get the pros, I can really understand why some parts of this are good. I also understand the potential for this to be a long-term negative and possibly be used to "reset" the pay scale. To me, the cons outweigh the pros, but I get the appeal.

I'm not a "vote no" die-hard that says this whole contract is a pile of :censored2:. I think that it is overall good, but there two or three things that need to be cleaned up, in my mind.

Tweaks is all it needs.
Iz25gjbF98gCs.gif

babboo25

Banned
I get the pros, I can really understand why some parts of this are good. I also understand the potential for this to be a long-term negative and possibly be used to "reset" the pay scale. To me, the cons outweigh the pros, but I get the appeal.

I'm not a "vote no" die-hard that says this whole contract is a pile of :censored2:. I think that it is overall good, but there two or three things that need to be cleaned up, in my mind.
So the whole contract is a pile of crap but it’s overall good? Huh?

They can do that as a regular package car driver then. We're giving the company a huge cut to their payroll expenses and getting practically nothing in return.
Of course they could. But if they don’t want to they could hold out longer. They could scrap Saturdays altogether. (possible layoffs) but they would rather pay part timers $15 an hour. They may find a route to do that. I would rather see people making $30 an hour vs $15 an hour. And retire with an 8500 pension vs a 2500 pension. But that just me. Places that don’t yet have Saturday ground will see many FT positions open up.

And I also understand the cons. But I respect your courtesy and respectfulness to others who have a different opinion. The BC needs more like you.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Of course they could. But if they don’t want to they could hold out longer. They could scrap Saturdays altogether. (possible layoffs) but they would rather pay part timers $15 an hour. They may find a route to do that. I would rather see people making $30 an hour vs $15 an hour. And retire with an 8500 pension vs a 2500 pension. But that just me. Places that don’t yet have Saturday ground will see many FT positions open up.
I can't even keep up with your nonsense in that post.

People delivering ground should be under the same pay scale, that's all there is to it.

Every single post, you throw out ridiculous pension numbers.... It's clear all you care about is getting your pension money and you don't care who you have to screw over to get it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

People delivering ground should be under the same pay scale, that's all there is to it.

Every single post, you throw out ridiculous pension numbers.... It's clear all you care about is getting your pension money and you don't care who you have to screw over to get it.

Hey... hey... BC needs more polite people.

I will get my pension no matter what... I would like others to get theirs. My pension numbers are very conservative. This rebuttal is just a flat out lie.