Why are new contracts always last minute and beyond?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You know it's a noted pattern that daughters marry men (aka what's his names) that are like their dad.

I do recall just before we made the walk down the aisle that I leaned over to tell her that she had made a really good choice.

At first he was a bit of a Mama's boy but he has grown in to the man and father that I need he would be. My daughter had a lot to do with that.

Indecisi0n

Both sides hold out hoping on getting a better deal. In all honesty the companys greep has really gotten to me so I couldn't care less if we strike. I am financially ready so bring it on.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I would have loved to have any bid driver try that with me my first couple of years... wouldn’t have ended up petty...on their side of things
I've had bid drivers talk to me about the STUPIDEST things before. A short list being...Signing for and leaving GUNS at a residence, signing for businesses period, allowing customers to keep COD packages and returning during pick ups to get a check, allowing customers to open and inspect ALL packages before they sign, and walking packages inside certain people's houses.

I am all for good customer service and all, but I am never doing and of these things! If the bid driver wants to risk their job that's on them, but I want to keep my job for another 24 years.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I've had bid drivers talk to me about the STUPIDEST things before. A short list being...Signing for and leaving GUNS at a residence, signing for businesses period, allowing customers to keep COD packages and returning during pick ups to get a check, allowing customers to open and inspect ALL packages before they sign, and walking packages inside certain people's houses.

I am all for good customer service and all, but I am never doing and of these things! If the bid driver wants to risk their job that's on them, but I want to keep my job for another 24 years.
Those are all old school things. When people loved there ups man. Things that made this company great. We are different now. We are honestly trying to make customers hate us now.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Those are all old school things. When people loved there ups man. Things that made this company great. We are different now. We are honestly trying to make customers hate us now.
To be fair these were all veteran drivers who told me to do these things, so obviously they've been doing these things for a long time and know their customers. But I would never get in another drivers face for not doing something that shouldn't be done. As a cover driver, I don't know your customers and can't just assume everything will work out. Don't expect me to risk my job please.

Customers shouldn't hate us for not allowing them to have COD packages without payment or for requiring them to sign for THEIR packages, especially when they are mother :censored2:ing firearms!

Perhaps but they can be every effective.

Several Peaks ago I was being "asked" to bail out a new driver during Peak. After the third day in a row I was frustrated to the point where we had a very one sided conversation in which I expressed my displeasure with having to run my route and part of his. Yes, I was "asked" by my center manager to apologize, but that newbie is one of our best cover drivers today, so...
My answer would be “it’s your job”.