Why does UPS hate Jesus ?

El Correcto

god is dead
Fake news will be you and the rest of your Atheist people making it into the Kingdom of Heaven , so go on making fun of God and supporting abortion and keep on watching fake news CNN. , I’ll stick with believing the Good Word of the Lord
Oh boy another of the “moral majority” thinking he has a monopoly on limited government politics and being pro-life.

You people assume too much.

El Correcto

god is dead
Still doesn't contradict what I said. Not sure why you think it does. What a "society" finds meaningful doesn't mean much once that society has long vanished and the last star in the universe blinks out of existence.
So you’re not saying God is what dictates what is right and wrong, what is moral and good?

Overpaid Union Thug

upload_2020-4-22_22-28-29.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
So you’re not saying God is what dictates what is right and wrong, what is moral and good?

I am simply pointing out the implications of the non-existence of God.

Even if you can only think of God as an abstract concept of ideal Truth, it is important that this idea exists. Without it, you have relatavism, where everybody develops their own sense of right and wrong. Or you have the concept of "might makes right", the most powerful person determines what's right and wrong and enforces it through violence.

You have been doing a pretty good job of illustrating my point.

It used to be viewed as moral to go throw your baby in the fire for Molach...

, if you were born in Saudi Arabia you’d probably be happy to stone me to death for being gay. Praise Allah.

Im saying it’s not group think that’s a problem, it’s what the group thinks.

Group think, or group psychology, is a problem. It doesn't particularly matter what the idea is, it's how it is spread and accepted. People take no responsibility for their own thoughts, they outsource thinking to the crowd or to the "experts" and accept what they are told as fact. Morals and rights that are based on the fashion of the day, or the whims of an authority figure really are meaningless. If what is considered an atrocity one day is heralded and lauded the next, then those concepts truly don't matter. Good and bad are a matter of opinion, and that just isn't worth anything. If God doesn't exist.

El Correcto

god is dead
You have been doing a pretty good job of illustrating my point.

Group think, or group psychology, is a problem. It doesn't particularly matter what the idea is, it's how it is spread and accepted. People take no responsibility for their own thoughts, they outsource thinking to the crowd or to the "experts" and accept what they are told as fact. Morals and rights that are based on the fashion of the day, or the whims of an authority figure really are meaningless. If what is considered an atrocity one day is heralded and lauded the next, then those concepts truly don't matter. Good and bad are a matter of opinion, and that just isn't worth anything. If God doesn't exist.
No it doesn’t because even the concept of god breaks down into relativism, different people interpret it differently. That’s why you have different religions and denominations. Religion doesn’t provide absolute truth.

Last edited:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
No it doesn’t because even the concept of god breaks down into relativism, different people interrupt it differently. That’s why you have different religions and denominations. Religion doesn’t provide absolute truth.
How do you know that is true unless your theory of relativism is relative to something finite?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
No it doesn’t because even the concept of god breaks down into relativism, different people interpret it differently. That’s why you have different religions and denominations. Religion doesn’t provide absolute truth.

It's the concept of an absolute truth. An ideal that can only be sought after, but never grasped. Something that is not understood cannot be open to interpretation, we can only hope to orient our thinking towards it.

If there is an absolute truth, even if we don't understand it, then we have some sort of standard against which to measure the value of an idea. Only with the concept of an Absolute Truth can there be any justification in saying that "We hold these truths to be self evident..."

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Oh boy another of the “moral majority” thinking he has a monopoly on limited government politics and being pro-life.

You people assume too much.
You people want to have green new deals and save the environment, but have no problem hacking a baby in a mothers womb ,,, it’s quite clear to me how your type don’t believe in God !

El Correcto

god is dead
You people want to have green new deals and save the environment, but have no problem hacking a baby in a mothers womb ,,, it’s quite clear to me how your type don’t believe in God !
You really don’t know who you are speaking to. Come to current events fren, you will fit in well.