Why does UPS hate Jesus ?

JJinVA

I don't hate Jesus. He's a hell of a landscaper.

But seriously. The thing I think drives many ppl crazy about Christians is their arrogance based on belief alone. To be so certain of a "theory" that some throughout history have even killed and gotten killed over it. Not to mention according to the scripture God gives man free will to make poor decisions, yet Christians (some in their spiritual arrogance) feel like their judgement supersedes Gods judgement, and they tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing/saying etc because it upsets God... I think what most ppl call religion these days is really just them attaching their own philosophies and agendas to an omnipotent astral-projected super-power and then just saying "it's Gods will". Uhh no, it's YOUR will attached to Gods that ppl rightfully aren't interested in. The level of arrogance and contradictions to be found in contemporary religion is outstanding

DeCurtis

It's always amusing to see outspoken atheists assume credit for "their" opinions and ideas, as if they are not just crowd following lemmings going along with the herd.

Pretty pathetic how the superficial sludge of antinomian pop culture can be appealing enough to some people that it becomes their unseen master.

Even the disbelievers of old recognized the base stupidity of what would become contemporary pop atheism.

“The majority of men, especially among the masses, do not possess clear and reasoned ideas on any subject whatever outside their own specialty. The leader serves them as guide...
A person is not religious solely when he worships a divinity, but when he puts all the resources of his mind, the complete submission of his will, and the whole-souled ardour of fanaticism at the service of a cause or an individual who becomes the goal and guide of his thoughts and actions... Were it possible to induce the masses to adopt atheism, disbelief would exhibit all the intolerant ardour of a religious sentiment, and in its exterior forms would soon become a cult.”
--Gustave LeBon

Atheists are literally just a different form of your typical Justin Bieber fan-boy --zombified dross.

Indecisi0n

It's always amusing to see outspoken atheists assume credit for "their" opinions and ideas, as if they are not just crowd following lemmings going along with the herd.

Pretty pathetic how the superficial sludge of antinomian pop culture can be appealing enough to some people that it becomes their unseen master.

Even the disbelievers of old recognized the base stupidity of what would become contemporary pop atheism.

“The majority of men, especially among the masses, do not possess clear and reasoned ideas on any subject whatever outside their own specialty. The leader serves them as guide...
A person is not religious solely when he worships a divinity, but when he puts all the resources of his mind, the complete submission of his will, and the whole-souled ardour of fanaticism at the service of a cause or an individual who becomes the goal and guide of his thoughts and actions... Were it possible to induce the masses to adopt atheism, disbelief would exhibit all the intolerant ardour of a religious sentiment, and in its exterior forms would soon become a cult.”
--Gustave LeBon

Atheists are literally just a different form of your typical Justin Bieber fan-boy --zombified dross.
I worship Santa Claus

542thruNthru

Hey now, I use cricket wireless it's good stuff.
tenor-32.gif

specter208

But seriously. The thing I think drives many ppl crazy about Christians is their arrogance based on belief alone. To be so certain of a "theory" that some throughout history have even killed and gotten killed over it. Not to mention according to the scripture God gives man free will to make poor decisions, yet Christians (some in their spiritual arrogance) feel like their judgement supersedes Gods judgement, and they tell you what you should or shouldn't be doing/saying etc because it upsets God... I think what most ppl call religion these days is really just them attaching their own philosophies and agendas to an omnipotent astral-projected super-power and then just saying "it's Gods will". Uhh no, it's YOUR will attached to Gods that ppl rightfully aren't interested in. The level of arrogance and contradictions to be found in contemporary religion is outstanding
brother, you have the wrong image of Jesus Christ. What matters is what Jesus has done. if Christians are people like you, and if we were perfect we would not have needed a savior. Read this below, and if you want, replace the word love with Jesus and you will have a better understanding of who God is.

1 Corinthians 5:4-8

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres 8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever!

JJinVA

brother, you have the wrong image of Jesus Christ. What matters is what Jesus has done. if Christians are people like you, and if we were perfect we would not have needed a savior. Read this below, and if you want, replace the word love with Jesus and you will have a better understanding of who God is.

1 Corinthians 5:4-8

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres 8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever!

I live a decent life. One I'm relatively satisfied with. I've just never felt the need to associate myself with something higher than myself inorder to "lift me up" into the world of insanely unrealistic expectations. I stay grounded in the good the bad and the ugly and because of that Im rarely disappointed or shocked.

If everyone lived an "each to their own" life, there would never be any problems. It's the never ending overstepping of boundaries in Gods name that creates mountains of unnecessary conflict with people and I definitely have no desire to ever associate myself with that via a flimsy term left to each persons interpretation such as "Christian". I'll just be the best JJ I can be and call it good enough for me my dude

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I question the intelligence of anyone who insults, or tries to insult, one of my friends.
I question the intelligence of worshipping Imaginary Sky People

Virgin Births, Taking Snakes, the same incestuous family restarts the population twice, a guy name jesus dies different days depending on the year and becomes a zombie, every animal on an ark.....talk about fairy tails and delusions.

The Catholic Church is probably the World's largest Pedophilia Organization.

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I live a decent life. One I'm relatively satisfied with. I've just never felt the need to associate myself with something higher than myself inorder to "lift me up" into the world of insanely unrealistic expectations. I stay grounded in the good the bad and the ugly and because of that Im rarely disappointed or shocked.

If everyone lived an "each to their own" life, there would never be any problems. It's the never ending overstepping of boundaries in Gods name that creates mountains of unnecessary conflict with people and I definitely have no desire to ever associate myself with that via a flimsy term left to each persons interpretation such as "Christian". I'll just be the best JJ I can be and call it good enough for me my dude

This may be the issue.

Something I've noticed with a lot of people, and it's just my personal musings.
But it's a lot of the time people who have hit rock bottom in their lives who end up coming to Jesus.

Something about seeing the depths of how bad things can get, makes you realize just how much we need Him.
I hope you can develop a personal relationship with Christ without needing to have that happen.

I agree with you that there are some, and I'll even go so far as to say a lot, of Christians who use the cover of God to push their own ideas, and try to force others to conform to their beliefs.
But if I might make a suggestion?
You should judge Christianity on the Bible, instead of judging it on the flawed people practicing it. I think you would find the Word of God more wholesome than our feeble attempts at following it.

You have been blessed with another day of being alive. Taking a moment to thank our Maker is the least we can do. :)

JJinVA

This may be the issue.

Something I've noticed with a lot of people, and it's just my personal musings.
But it's a lot of the time people who have hit rock bottom in their lives who end up coming to Jesus.

Something about seeing the depths of how bad things can get, makes you realize just how much we need Him.
I hope you can develop a personal relationship with Christ without needing to have that happen.

I agree with you that there are some, and I'll even go so far as to say a lot, of Christians who use the cover of God to push their own ideas, and try to force others to conform to their beliefs.
But if I might make a suggestion?
You should judge Christianity on the Bible, instead of judging it on the flawed people practicing it. I think you would find the Word of God more wholesome than our feeble attempts at following it.

You have been blessed with another day of being alive. Taking a moment to thank our Maker is the least we can do. :)

The assumption here is that I've never picked up a Bible. I've read a good amount of it and went to Sunday school as a kid with an extremely religious friend of mines family. Something about the forced, manufactured smiles in my face was a real turn off to me. Everything was so rooted in the super natural that the natural was all but ignored entirely. *shrug* Just wasnt my thing.

And i hit rock bottom 10 years ago which is why i stopped drinking alcohol. I found a concept of God that worked for me and was very irreligious. Been sober ever since, (though 80% of the Christians I know could be classified alcoholic or drug addicts but ppl will just say I'm being judgmental when in reality they are much closer to rock bottom than I am)...

I've listened to lots of different religious scholars. Jewish Rabbis, Imams (non-radicalized), Buddhists. For me it's always been something that SHOULD be a very personal connection, not a group connection to see who can out-Jesus the next guy, which at the end of the day is what it appears like from my perspective

Boywondr

The truth never changes.

I was once told by a church board member that playing pool (billiards) "WAS A FORM OF GAMBLING!".

Well a few months later I stood in line at a convenience store and the guy holding up the line was buying lottery tickets and guess who it was? Yeah, the church board guy. I about bled to death biting my tongue as he turned to walk from the cashier with his tickets and saw me standing behind him in the line.

A friend of mine told me years ago that if I found the perfect church dont go there because I would ruin it. In other words, some folks go to church and drag their arrogant self righteous demeanor along like a dead carcass. It's evident that they don't really get it. Some attending are truly humble people and some are wicked. But I do believe this one thing...

God's judgement begins first with those who profess to know Him and His Son. They will be judged worse because they knew what was right to do but they chose to disobey. We all make mistakes and have character flaws but I read that God sees the intentions of the heart, or in other words what we really meant to do but failed getting there.

I don't expect nonbelievers to adhere to Biblical teachings. That is ludicrous. Heck I never did or even cared. But I expect myself to honestly try to obey what I read in there because it changed my life many years ago and if you think I'm rough now you should've known me then.:2guns:

Last edited:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I guy I know had a T-shirt on that read:

JESUS IS COMING AND MAN IS HE PISSED!

I'm sorry but I had to laugh at that one. But he was right.

JJinVA

I was once told by a church board member that playing pool (billiards) "WAS A FORM OF GAMBLING!".

Well a few months later I stood in line at a convenience store and the guy holding up the line was buying lottery tickets and guess who it was? Yeah, the church board guy. I about bled to death biting my tongue as he turned to walk from the cashier with his tickets and saw me standing behind him in the line.

A friend of mine told me years ago that if I found the perfect church dont go there because I would ruin it. In other words, some folks go to church and drag their arrogant self righteous demeanor along like a dead carcass. It's evident that they don't really get it. Some attending are truly humble people and some are wicked. But I do believe this one thing...

God's judgement begins first with those who profess to know Him and His Son. They will be judged worse because they knew what was right to do but they chose to disobey. We all make mistakes and have character flaws but I read that God sees the intentions of the heart, or in other words what we really meant to do but failed getting there.

I don't expect nonbelievers to adhere to Biblical teachings. That is ludicrous. Heck I never did or even cared. But I expect myself to honestly try to obey what I read in there because it changed my life many years ago and if you think I'm rough now you should've known me then.

And that's great! I think it's great when ppl find something that works for them and truly changes their lives for the better. But just try to pay that curtesy to others who may have found something different but is just as significant to them as your beliefs are to you. That has always been my only gripe with religious ppl in general. From street preachers blasting their messages onto unwilling participants (imagine Muslims doing that in the street for some perspective), to Mormans beating on your door insisting they found "the one true way"... When ppl are interested in those kinds of messages, they go to those kinds of institutions. Jesus isn't a secret to literally anyone on the planet. I joke when religious folks come up and ask me if I've "heard of the miracles of Jesus Christ?", I say, "nope, never heard of him. Please tell me all about him in great detail!"

specter208

Don’t worry friend, I’m not knocking you. The reason there are conflicts and wars is because of pride. The pride of life, lust of the eyes and the list of flesh are the three main categories. People sees God’s law as just a bunch of rules, when it should be seen as a loving Father telling His children “this is the best way” for their own good. His actions are misunderstood as evil, when they are a loving and patient God, like a good parent, delivering justice and discipline for correction , not for punishment.

Since all humans are born in sin and have broken the laws of God, all humans are worthy of death. It is impossible for any human to obey every law and command. Therefore We need a savior through Jesus Christ. The good news is that He will save you from the consequences of your sin by simply believing and trusting in Him by faith, that He is God and He was raised from the dead.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
And that's great! I think it's great when ppl find something that works for them and truly changes their lives for the better. But just try to pay that curtesy to others who may have found something different but is just as significant to them as your beliefs are to you. That has always been my only gripe with religious ppl in general. From street preachers blasting their messages onto unwilling participants (imagine Muslims doing that in the street for some perspective), to Mormans beating on your door insisting they found "the one true way"... When ppl are interested in those kinds of messages, they go to those kinds of institutions. Jesus isn't a secret to literally anyone on the planet.
I judge no one...

except upstate.

JK. Sort of.

JJinVA

Don’t worry friend, I’m not knocking you. The reason there are conflicts and wars is because of pride. The pride of life, lust of the eyes and the list of flesh are the three main categories. People sees God’s law as just a bunch of rules, when it should be seen as a loving Father telling His children “this is the best way” for their own good. His actions are misunderstood as evil, when they are a loving and patient God, like a good parent, delivering justice and discipline for correction , not for punishment.

I should have said "each to their own" philosophically. Ppl run around stepping on each other's nuts all day long because of their certainty about what they feel is true and correct, and can actually do some pretty horrific things to other ppl and feel great about it in the process.

I try to take an objective approach at almost everything and take into consideration where someone else might be at psychologically. It isn't always as cut and dry as "good v evil" in my mind

specter208

I should have said "each to their own" philosophically. Ppl run around stepping on each other's nuts all day long because of their certainty about what they feel is true and correct, and can actually do some pretty horrific things to other ppl and feel great about it in the process.

I try to take an objective approach at almost everything and take into consideration where someone else might be at psychologically. It isn't always as cut and dry as "good v evil" in my mind
No problem friend. You Just need to know The ways of God just can’t be understood naturally. Because God this truthful knowledge comes only from God’s spirit.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.

Step on my nuts and I'll go Old Testament for a few minutes and ask for forgiveness later.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch it is not my job to try to force feed my faith to anyone. That isn't the way it's supposed to be presented. The telling of my testimony is enough. God is able to change hearts not me.

Back to the thread title, I am close to believing the company (some of them) may indirectly hate Jesus after sitting in labor hearings and listening to the lies they tell. I never thought that 'truth' could get a hernia until I heard it bent so badly so many times I'm sure it got one.