Why does UPS hate Jesus ?

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
How are we not off Sunday on the Lords day? I am highly offended. Who do I talk to?
Its not that they Hate Jesus.

Its the same as racism, corporate greed, divorced couples fighting over children or your local UPS management.

They love money more than anything. And nothing can stand in the way.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
When my son told me he didn't believe in God, I asked him, if there is no God, who determines what is right and wrong?

Even if you can only think of God as an abstract concept of ideal Truth, it is important that this idea exists. Without it, you have relatavism, where everybody develops their own sense of right and wrong. Or you have the concept of "might makes right", the most powerful person determines what's right and wrong and enforces it through violence.

The problem with the concept of God is that you have many people who claim the authority of God to help enforce their own relativistic sense of right, which always centers around themselves. From the Christian perspective, this problem of the idea of God was solved with Jesus. His teachings ought to be used as the standard by which to compare the teachings of others. Really, his teachings are the only ones we should abide by. He did not come seeking riches or fame, but to show us a new way of living so that the world might be saved. He tells us that we have only one teacher, and that is the Messiah, and we have only one Father, He who is in heavan, and we are all brothers.

It is not the people who try, and fail, to live according to those teachings that I have a problem with. It is the ones who usurp his authority and their followers who claim to be christians that I have a problem with.

El Correcto

god is dead
When my son told me he didn't believe in God, I asked him, if there is no God, who determines what is right and wrong?

Even if you can only think of God as an abstract concept of ideal Truth, it is important that this idea exists. Without it, you have relatavism, where everybody develops their own sense of right and wrong. Or you have the concept of "might makes right", the most powerful person determines what's right and wrong and enforces it through violence.

The problem with the concept of God is that you have many people who claim the authority of God to help enforce their own relativistic sense of right, which always centers around themselves. From the Christian perspective, this problem of the idea of God was solved with Jesus. His teachings ought to be used as the standard by which to compare the teachings of others. Really, his teachings are the only ones we should abide by. He did not come seeking riches or fame, but to show us a new way of living so that the world might be saved. He tells us that we have only one teacher, and that is the Messiah, and we have only one Father, He who is in heavan, and we are all brothers.

It is not the people who try, and fail, to live according to those teachings that I have a problem with. It is the ones who usurp his authority and their followers who claim to be christians that I have a problem with.
Darwin answered you question. You see a trait that evolved into a social animal like a human being and assume it was God because you don’t understand evolution.

El Correcto

god is dead
People develop their own sense of right and wrong regardless of your imaginary friend. Even preachers have no solid foundation of truth to preach on. That’s why you have so many different denominations and religions. That’s how you end up with nuts like David Koresh. Even your truth can be questioned and debated, which is how we arrive at a social contract based on our “morals”. You can cut god out of that process and just debate what you view as fair and moral.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
"Religion allows people to collectively believe what only an insane person could believe on their own." - Sam Harris

Sam Harris is a pretty thoughtful dude, but he misses the point about "religion". The evolution of thought and consciousness has necessarily included religious thinking. You don't go from awakening consciousness with no verbal language around which to form coherent thoughts straight to enlightenment overnight. "Religious" thinking is hardwired into our neurons, it doesn't always center around a deity, and it guides us until we learn about its limitations and transcend it. But because it is limited, does not mean it isn't useful.

It is the pathological beliefs that are reinforced through collectivist thinking that are the problem, along with those who use this mode of thinking to manipulate the masses into acting a certain way. The greatest thinkers throughout much of history were motivated by their devotion to the idea of an absolute truth, whether as an abstract concept, or personified by a loving Creator. You can't simply blame religion for all the woes of the world without acknowledging its role in advancing elevated thinking to where it is today.