Why I like GPS to "spy" on me

Big Babooba

I had an apt del some time back. Sig Req. A woman answered the door with a sheet and not a stitch of clothing on. The sheet covered only half of her body. I got the sig and chuckled all the way back to the truck.

I totally didn't make that up.:happy2:
Just curious, which half?:happy-very:

I used to deliver to an apartment complex where one of my "regulars" would never fail to give me a show. She lived on the second floor and would always come to the entry to let me in because her buzzer didn't work. The first time this happened, I was bringing her a Dell. She came down wearing the shortest mini skirt I had ever seen. As I followed her up the stairs, she kept stopping to pick up lint and papers on the stairs. Of course she had nothing on underneath. I have to admit that the scenery was great, but this was a dangerous situation. She asked to bring it into her apartment and told me I could stay to cool off a bit. I told her all I could do was to put the package inside her door as it was company policy. She signed for it, thanked me and I went on my way.

This happened 5 or 6 times until one day I was delivering to the rental office. I told the manager my story. She told me that I was not alone because she had reports from the FedEx and Airborne drivers. She also told me that her own maintainance people would not go there without bringing her along. She told me to leave everything at the office and put a note at the door because she wanted to nip the problem in the bud.

I totally didn't make that up.:happy2:

upsdude

Dear Penthouse,

I always thought these stories were made up, until yesterday. I....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Seriously,that's what she said.

Big Guy, Big Package
Clarksville, USA

Cementups

Box Monkey
Take the last train to Clarksville
and I'll meet you at the station
You can be here by 4:30
Cause I've made you reservation
Don't be slow

BrownSuit

I had an incident today that, after I thought about it, made me grateful for the GPS and DIAD software that can follow my every move.

I was at a residential stop with a signiature required package. I rang the bell and the door was answered....by a girl wearing nothing but her underwear and a bra. She was probably 12 or 13 years old, and she had a couple of friends at home with her who were standing in the hallway watching, giggling and laughing. School was out yesterday, and it was a case of 3 teenage girls at home playing a joke on the UPS guy. It was probably a dare or a silly juvenile prank, they were just trying to embarrass me. Had she been an adult, I might even have enjoyed it...but I have a daughter about that age and I felt sad and a bit embarrassed for her.

Well, I got the signature and got the hell away from there. I didnt react, I didnt say anything to them and I didnt go inside. As I continued my route, I was grateful for the GPS in my DIAD. Had this incident resulted in any sort of false accusation of inapropriate behavior on my part, the GPS would be able to prove that I was at the house for less than 2 minutes, and that I left immediately and continued working. There would be a record of 15 deliveries in that neighborhood over a 25 minute period. I had a computerized, tamper-proof alibi. I know it sounds paranoid, but we live in a YouTube world and you never know when some teenager with a cellphone is going to play a prank on you and post it. As a husband and a father of a teenage girl, I am glad to be able to show that I didnt participate or do anything inappropriate.

Things are pretty sad and crazy these days.

As others have said, it wouldn't have been a bad idea to call in as CYA.

Just as GPS alone can't be used to fire you, I've yet to hear of GPS to be used in court. It's likely that it wouldn't be able to defend you when one of her friends go home and tell their parents or when they come across the the video on You Tube after somebody mentions it at the PTA meeting.

GPS is still highly flakey, especially when you made 15 deliveries in the same neighborhood.

Have you not had the DIAD tell you that you're delivering to the wrong address when you know you can see the street numbers and know you are in the right spot because you have been delivering there for years?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Things are pretty sad and crazy these days.

As others have said, it wouldn't have been a bad idea to call in as CYA.

Just as GPS alone can't be used to fire you, I've yet to hear of GPS to be used in court. It's likely that it wouldn't be able to defend you when one of her friends go home and tell their parents or when they come across the the video on You Tube after somebody mentions it at the PTA meeting.

GPS is still highly flakey, especially when you made 15 deliveries in the same neighborhood.

Have you not had the DIAD tell you that you're delivering to the wrong address when you know you can see the street numbers and know you are in the right spot because you have been delivering there for years?

GPS is used all the time in court, as is data from EZ Pass (highway toll prepaid system) and data from your cell phone if you are using a phone based navigation system. Divorce lawyers drool over this data, especially the EZ Pass information which shows which exits you took and the times you went through them.