Why is a Strike Quite Possible?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Still haven't seen Grainger, just McMaster Carr
Get the Chewy account.
I think Fedx is gonna hit my house when he delivers it. Pulls in the driveway 60 to 0 in 10 seconds. Stops one foot from the garage door. Backs out, misses corner fence post by 6 inches, coming cars stop( he never does) and disappears in a cloud of diesel smoke.
Totally professional.

JustDeliverIt

Get the Chewy account.
I think Fedx is gonna hit my house when he delivers it. Pulls in the driveway 60 to 0 in 10 seconds. Stops one foot from the garage door. Backs out, misses corner fence post by 6 inches, coming cars stop( he never does) and disappears in a cloud of diesel smoke.
Totally professional.

Chewy is the one account FedEx can keep.

DMW

If he did start collecting UPS stock 20, let alone 40 years ago he wouldn’t even bother to blog on this site. He would be like the rest of those shareholders, living in Florida wondering how the poor people are doing.

Remember that back in the early 90’s the UPS stock was selling at 30 dollars a share. MIP was given out like candy and that was before it went public.

I still remember a long term manager talking to another partner that he just became a millionaire the day it went public. We had managers getting second mortgages on their homes in order to buy more UPS stock months before it hit the stock market.

People knew things and the ones who did made a killing..

:wootsmiley::martinismiley:
The main reason management would buy more stock is because of the historical returns as a private company. Example 4 :1 split in1982 $8.50 By 1991 the price was $62 4:1 split, new price $15.50. By 1999 $51 then 2:1 split. I believed it closed that day around 67. Then public . No more partners only shareholders. The management these days will be lucky to accumulate 1000 shares in 25 years.

I GOT ONE MORE

21 paychecks left, until you know if you still have a job or no income.
Sure, your strike fund is much bigger than 1997......do you really think the union will exhaust it all on you?
And if they did, how long will $300 million last, with over 350,000 employees?
Simple math will answer that question.
And, O'Brien and staff won't miss a dime.

Negotiate in good faith, BOTH SIDES, and get an agreement.
UPS has been planning for years with EDD, map and diad changes to dumb down the driver methods to separate from the union.
If the teamsters strike, you may force the company's hands.

21 paychecks left.

Sure, your strike fund is much bigger than 1997......do you really think the union will exhaust it all on you?

UPS has been planning for years with EDD, map and diad changes to dumb down the driver methods to separate from the union.

21 paychecks left.
They would be better off using paper instead of DIAD 6

Brownwind

21 paychecks left.

21 paychecks left.
21 weeks of threatening my job on an anonymous website sounds like a good time. Aren’t we only a few weeks into the supplements? Can’t worry about the unknown especially if we’re not the ones negotiating. Trust the process and if you are really that worried find something else for a career. It’ll be good for you.
21 paychecks is a ton of money. Buy yourself a good lawn chair and a cooler. Kick back on the weekend and only surf and post the Bc.

Thebrownblob

21 paychecks left.
Thank you for the late update about saving money. Many of us have been talking about it for a long time..

Having said that your chicken Little fear and doom routine is humorous.

I GOT ONE MORE

21 weeks of threatening my job on an anonymous website sounds like a good time. Aren’t we only a few weeks into the supplements? Can’t worry about the unknown especially if we’re not the ones negotiating. Trust the process and if you are really that worried find something else for a career. It’ll be good for you.
21 paychecks is a ton of money. Buy yourself a good lawn chair and a cooler. Kick back on the weekend and only surf and post the Bc.
Sir, I retired in 2020 after 30 years.
Since I participated in 1997 strike, I speak from a position of.......been there, done that.
And since the union holds back the 1st strike check, that $52 during the 2nd week became a WTF souvenir.
I hope it gets worked out, I'm not threatening your job.....you are.
Go ahead and 'punish the company'.......I will have my lawn chair, cooler and I still have my picket sign from 1997 that can be waved around in your honor.

I GOT ONE MORE

Thank you for the late update about saving money. Many of us have been talking about it for a long time..

Having said that your chicken Little fear and doom routine is humorous.
You'd be surprised how many of your fellow teamsters live paycheck to paycheck.
Especially, the younger ones who don't care or listen.
I'm just trying to point out Teamster leadership could mess things up for the members.

Time will tell how this plays out, this time. Count on me to be chuckling right along with you.

Thebrownblob

Sir, I retired in 2020 after 30 years.
Since I participated in 1997 strike, I speak from a position of.......been there, done that.
And since the union holds back the 1st strike check, that $52 during the 2nd week became a WTF souvenir.
I hope it gets worked out, I'm not threatening your job.....you are.
Go ahead and 'punish the company'.......I will have my lawn chair, cooler and I still have my picket sign from 1997 that can be waved around in your honor.
He was there and so was I in 1997 what’s your point? We didn’t really have a strikefund then by the way. And since you chose to insert yourself in this conversation Without fully understanding how things are changed, the union is no longer holding back any checks you’ll get paid the very same week of the strike.

Thebrownblob

You'd be surprised how many of your fellow teamsters live paycheck to paycheck.
Especially, the younger ones who don't care or listen.
I'm just trying to point out Teamster leadership could mess things up for the members.

Time will tell how this plays out, this time. Count on me to be chuckling right along with you.
Since you’re not on the negotiating committee, I don’t think you have any idea what the Teamsters leadership is asking or going to do. I do appreciate your concern, but I think will be fine.

HyperBrn

I've been with the company a little over a year and I already have about 5 months' expenses saved. I assume that should cover any strike and the inevitable layoffs I'll probably face after the fact. Not to mention I'll probably go back to doing side gigs if I end up out of work more often than not.

It's never too early to get prepared.