Why is it so miserable

blkmamba

Why is UPS such a miserable place to work? From top to bottom people are dissatisfied. Personally, if I was at the top I would want to make it a place where people loved coming to work, a place where people to pride in working. I have heard that is how it once was, but in the end one can't go home feeling great about the way they have been treated or the way they have treated others. I feel a UPS representative should tell customers, "thank you for choosing UPS, how can you help me?"

Why is UPS such a miserable place to work? From top to bottom people are dissatisfied. Personally, if I was at the top I would want to make it a place where people loved coming to work, a place where people to pride in working. I have heard that is how it once was, but in the end one can't go home feeling great about the way they have been treated or the way they have treated others. I feel a UPS representative should tell customers, "thank you for choosing UPS, how can you help me?"

Really really spy sup..................get the friend out of here....................troll

Indecisi0n

With thoughts like this you will never make it to "the top".

jaker

trolling
And the number one answer is , Family life

blkmamba

Really really spy sup..................get the friend out of here....................troll

Sorry, former UPS employee. I hated the four years I was there. Quite not that long ago and people feel I am in a much better mood than when I was working there. Sorry, not a troll...just a thought I had. Then again...I just said the same thing to Integrity.

nicky

Because the upper levels of management have never been drivers and have no touch with the reality faced by the drivers on a daily basis. Thus they demand artificial numbers that make sense on computers, but reality is a far different animal. In the end teh main reason between then and now is the company is publicly owned and thus the board is trying to make as much money as humanly possible to justify their bloated salaries.

Cementups

Box Monkey
20 years in brown and I can say I don't share any of the feelings that you express. Sure I have days that don't agree with me, but in the end I know that I could be doing a lot more and getting paid a lot less. UPS has afforded me a life that I probably couldn't have had being employed elsewhere. And on top of that, I actually like what I do.

So....I've come to the conclusion.....maybe you were the problem.

blkmamba

20 years in brown and I can say I don't share any of the feelings that you express. Sure I have days that don't agree with me, but in the end I know that I could be doing a lot more and getting paid a lot less. UPS has afforded me a life that I probably couldn't have had being employed elsewhere. And on top of that, I actually like what I do.

So....I've come to the conclusion.....maybe you were the problem.

Maybe, but I was at the bottom...I've moved on...probably like I should from this place. Regardless, I won't miss peak.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Its all about greed. Once they went public it all went down the pooper lol. Its all bout their greed. They dont care about their employees any more. They think since they pay us well that we are their slaves and they own us and dont deserve to have a life. Big time peckerhead move in my opinion. Sad it really is. You only live now to make money with this job cause mon to fri you can forget about having a life. Only way to remotely get em back is hit em deep in the pocket.

blkmamba

We all (most anyway) started at the bottom. I haven't heard of any jobs where you start at the top.

Agreed, as it should be. I understand UPS is not for everyone, wasn't for me. I commend anyone who can work their way to the spot and earn what they deserve. I learned a lot at UPS, but like I said I hated the job, and felt most people I worked with shared that feeling.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Absolute worst part of the job is getting home so late. I think if you took a survey of most drivers they would probably say thats the most annoying part of the job. There shouldnt be any reason why it couldn't be a 7 to 5 or 8 to 6 job. Most guys or gals would be willing to cut back on the excessive overtime to actually get home at a normal time so they can actually have a normal life and be able to see their family.

BrownArmy

Absolute worst part of the job is getting home so late. I think if you took a survey of most drivers they would probably say thats the most annoying part of the job. There shouldnt be any reason why it couldn't be a 7 to 5 or 8 to 6 job. Most guys or gals would be willing to cut back on the excessive overtime to actually get home at a normal time so they can actually have a normal life and be able to see their family.

I would take a major pay-cut if I could punch out every day at 18:00.

The overtime isn't worth it...

nicky

The problem for us is we outgrew our building years ago. So they cant start preload because the midnight shift runs till preload starts. Twilight runs before Midnight. And there is the small fact that UPS doesnt care what you or anyone else does, ""you were hired to do a job and we pay you really good money so you will do whatever we say and work as long as we want!"

iruhnman630

Absolute worst part of the job is getting home so late.
That's what I tell everybody about my job. It severly crimps our ability to separate work life from personal life.
... There shouldnt be any reason why it couldn't be a 7 to 5 or 8 to 6 job...
Time in transit guarantees are largely what prevent us from hitting the road earlier in the morning.

Our hub tried it early in my unload days (1995?) where the drivers hit the road at 7:45 no matter what. It lasted about 8 days till they figured out it just wasnt logistically possible.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Bunch of bs. I like overtime cause I know im not going to get home at a decent time so I figure I mite as well kick em in the dingaling lol. But overtime versus gtn home at 6 ill take 6 rather the ot. They can shove that ot up their azzes lol.

Buck Fifty

That's what I tell everybody about my job. It severly crimps our ability to separate work life from personal life.Time in transit guarantees are largely what prevent us from hitting the road earlier in the morning.

Our hub tried it early in my unload days (1995?) where the drivers hit the road at 7:45 no matter what. It lasted about 8 days till they figured out it just wasnt logistically possible.

That is the difference.... it's not a job anymore, it has become a lifestyle. The miserable are the ones who let the personal life interfere with their job.