Why shouldn't we strike?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
if you guys strike, I'll be there . maybe go to Costco and get burgers and dogs and cold drinks.

we'll party like it's 1997.! big turnout at first and the attendance dwindled everyday. One day I was the only one on the picket line along with a pilot that wasn't on strike but spent the day on line for solidarity.
What'd you guys do after that?

rod

Retired 22 years
You think it's a joke ??
You have wife , kids , mortgage???
For those of us who lived it , it's not a fn party or a joke !!!
Grow up !!!

It is serious business BUT for those of us that were prepared it was still one big party. First strike (lock out) I went through was two weeks (we were told that was how long it was going to be so no body gave a crap. It was party, party, party. Second one was just short of 3 weeks and had a few more unprepared ones shaking in their boots but there was still plenty of partying going on in our big Army surplus "strike tent".

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
It is serious business BUT for those of us that were prepared it was still one big party. First strike (lock out) I went through was two weeks (we were told that was how long it was going to be so no body gave a crap. It was party, party, party. Second one was just short of 3 weeks and had a few more unprepared ones shaking in their boots but there was still plenty of partying going on in our big Army surplus "strike tent".
I had some put away , but was young and a young family , put most of my savings into the house I bought few months earlier , wife's mom was sick so she left job tend to her and our two little ones, would be. Different story today , but no one won that strike in my opinion

rod

Retired 22 years
I had some put away , but was young and a young family , put most of my savings into the house I bought few months earlier , wife's mom was sick so she left job tend to her and our two little ones, would be. Different story today , but no one won that strike in my opinion

When the dust settled we had lost

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
@rod did you do the one day strike over the over 70 increase back in 94?? Was crazy , some locals walked , others didnt ! Threatened to fire us on a wildcat unauthorized strike ,, we went back next day , got us no where

rod

Retired 22 years
The strike was a clear victory in my Local. Compared to what UPS last and final offer to what we settled for, I don't know how you figure we lost.

We fought for the right to keep the pension in the Teamsters hands----that didn't work out so good for Central States

rod

Retired 22 years
@rod did you do the one day strike over the over 70 increase back in 94?? Was crazy , some locals walked , others didnt ! Threatened to fire us on a wildcat unauthorized strike ,, we went back next day , got us no where

We weren't included in the over 70 strike but I remember hearing about it. Our Local did call a one day strike in the 70's because the company was refusing to honor their life insurance policy for a part timer who died hanging himself while choking his chicken.. (its seems funny but it isn't)