Will feeder drivers vote to strike on pkg/pt issues?

Johney

Yes, it’s changing, but that is how i started. I don’t see your point though, in fact you proved mine. Pay your dues of not having as lucrative a position in order to achieve a more lucrative position. Cool?
Did you not see where I highlighted your post? That is my point...TTKU.

Johney

Lol, inflation didn’t hit until all these liberal losers started rigging elections and took the presidency two years ago. Don’t like the inflation? Ever heard of a full time job? Ups has a bunch of em, pick one. Why the hell should I forfeit any money or benefit just so some part timer can get wage increases AND the best benefits money can buy 8 mos sooner? Do you have any idea what it is like working full time for this company? You give up your life, forget about trying to raise children working here, it’s a joke. Why don’t you try doing that before complaining about having to wait for your insurance, lol, the Gaul!

Yep, just hard to figure out what you meant when you don’t say it. So I guess you agree with me then…
UPS does have full time jobs but the way you made it sound is they are a dime a dozen and anybody can just get one. That is far from the truth and as I said(if you read)that to get a full time job where I use to work you had to be part time for a few years.

Non liberal

Did you not see where I highlighted your post? That is my point...TTKU.
Ok, sorry. Got your post confused with someone else’s. I responded to like 6 at the same time. I see
UPS does have full time jobs but the way you made it sound is they are a dime a dozen and anybody can just get one. That is far from the truth and as I said(if you read)that to get a full time job where I use to work you had to be part time for a few years.
Ok, yes, at my center they can’t find enough people, it’s been that way for the last 10 yrs. However, unless you’re at a very small center, I don’t see a reason as to not be able to get full time within 5 yrs. At the absolute longest. Probably more like 2-3 years. But if a center has a lot of part timers then it should be a pretty busy center with an ample amount of turnover in the full time positions.

Non liberal

Then who would bail out delivery drivers when they are crying about being overworked? $2k/wk for a PT job is hard to turn down.
Why? You could make 2600 to 4000 a wk full time and earn a pension that’s worth something. I’m not a delivery driver so… and I’m not crying about being overworked necessarily, well sometimes I do, but mainly my point is it just needs premium compensation. And after the full timers are negotiated for and taken care of, then it’s the part timers turn. That’s all I’m saying, I’m not against you guys getting anything, some of you are just trying to be the center of the conversation, and you’re just not. At least you better not be.

Whither

Scofflaw
Yes, it is a reference as to how much the full timers give up compared to part time. Understand now? And the ones who give up more should come first in negotiations.
Oh I understand -- that you're confused. First it's the part timers don't want to work. While that's a huge overgeneralization, you obviously think it's true and scandalous. "Can you believe it, they hate working?!" Then you go ahead and portray full time work at UPS in such miserable terms that us full timers come off as the schmucks (that might be true, especially the OT-chasers, LMAO).

I definitely felt like a schmuck tonight sitting in the yard for 50 minutes after finishing my route, inhaling the diesel fumes of my pkg car, waiting my turn to park inside the building. All because the company, in its great wisdom, has decided it's better that each part of the operation act as its own petty fiefdom rather than cooperate.

The question is, who does want to work -- for the sake of making wealthy people even wealthier?

Non liberal

Oh I understand -- that you're confused. First it's the part timers don't want to work. While that's a huge overgeneralization, you obviously think it's true and scandalous. "Can you believe it, they hate working?!" Then you go ahead and portray full time work at UPS in such miserable terms that us full timers come off as the schmucks (that might be true, especially the OT-chasers, LMAO).

I definitely felt like a schmuck tonight sitting in the yard for 50 minutes after finishing my route, inhaling the diesel fumes of my pkg car, waiting my turn to park inside the building. All because the company, in its great wisdom, has decided it's better that each part of the operation act as its own petty fiefdom rather than cooperate.

The question is, who does want to work -- for the sake of making wealthy people even wealthier?
Wtf, oh boy, yeah, you’re a liberal. Wow, “making wealthy people wealthier” huh, did you not make $60 just sitting there in your truck? Doing nothing! Times that by 5 and they gave you $300 a wk to do NOTHING! $1200 a mo., 14k a year to do NOTHING! Granted your not making 400k a year like they are but 100k a year for not having to go to school? No student debt? Count your blessings. My post was simply questioning part timers as to why they think we should strike for them, when I think they are making out pretty damn good right now, better off then I was when I started part time. I didn’t sit there and bitch like a whiny little liberal. What’s your deal anyway, how did I make full timers look like schmucks? Because we work all the time? Is it not true? If you think a hard worker is a schmuck then you truly are a spoiled little brat!

Whither

Scofflaw
Wow, “making wealthy people wealthier”
Are you surprised to learn this is the purpose of corporations?
did you not make $60 just sitting there in your truck? Doing nothing! Times that by 5 and they gave you $300 a wk to do NOTHING! $1200 a mo., 14k a year to do NOTHING!
You never get the time back, brother.
I didn’t sit there and bitch like a whiny little liberal.
Everyone who wants to improve their lives while working for a corporation that makes billions in profits is a "whiny little liberal?" Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh. You'd make a helluva union organizer LOL.
What’s your deal anyway, how did I make full timers look like schmucks? Because we work all the time? Is it not true?
Yes, because we work all the time to make a modest living. You yourself said it:
You give up your life, forget about trying to raise children working here, it’s a joke.

If you think a hard worker is a schmuck then you truly are a spoiled little brat!
I'm a Teamster, and I think our hard work should benefit all of us. I couldn't care less about filling the coffers of the stockholders.

Non liberal

Are you surprised to learn this is the purpose of corporations?

You never get the time back, brother.

Everyone who wants to improve their lives while working for a corporation that makes billions in profits is a "whiny little liberal?" Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh. You'd make a helluva union organizer LOL.

Yes, because we work all the time to make a modest living. You yourself said it:

I'm a Teamster, and I think our hard work should benefit all of us. I couldn't care less about filling the coffers of the stockholders.
1. No, im not surprised at all, nor do I mind. I hope they make money, and you better too otherwise, who’s going to pay your pension?
2. I understand you never get the time back, but if you have to work all those hours, then WE better get the premium pay. Exactly my point. Part timers aren’t working those hours. Not that I don’t want them to get anything, just after full timers are taken care of so it doesn’t interfere with our negotiations.
3. I do want to improve my life because I do give it to big corporation. AGAIN, exactly my point, part timers do not give all their time up to ups so they take a back seat.
4. Nothing wrong with working all the time and making a living. That’s why I said full timers need to be taken care of first.
5. The coffers pay your pension, and fair or not, they can take it away whenever they want.

Jetboat1

I work 60+ hours a week.....I like overtime$$$$$$.

I work into Sat. morning(shrug)(always have).....Sunday nights....life of a feeder driver.

Some runs Tue. thru Sat....whatever.

Part-timers...haven't been one in 40 years.

So, vote to strike about nothing I care about? Simply, no.

Cameras.....contractors......you bet. Those two things are the greatest threats to my job.
As a part timer I hear ya! Same back at ya. Contract out all feeder jobs in next contract ok by me. Save the company millions so I can make a buck more!

Trucker Clock

Union solidarity. It is no wonder 2/3 of UPS Teamsters are PT.

Nothing to do with Union solidarity. Most UPS locations are centers, not hubs. Centers normally run 2 part time shifts. The morning preload and the evening local, or reload.

Each sort is usually only 3-5 hours. The only way to not have part time jobs is to split shift. Work the AM and then come in for the PM. Not too many people want to do this, so part time jobs are the nature of the beast.

Then who would bail out delivery drivers when they are crying about being overworked?

More delivery drivers?

Oh, that's right, they don't hire more RPCD's because you steal the full time work.

PT Car Washer

Nothing to do with Union solidarity. Most UPS locations are centers, not hubs. Centers normally run 2 part time shifts. The morning preload and the evening local, or reload.

Each sort is usually only 3-5 hours. The only way to not have part time jobs is to split shift. Work the AM and then come in for the PM. Not too many people want to do this, so part time jobs are the nature of the beast.

More delivery drivers?

Oh, that's right, they don't hire more RPCD's because you steal the full time work.
My building does not have too many FT delivery drivers sitting around drinking coffee waiting for work to come up. Does yours?

Trucker Clock

My building does not have too many FT delivery drivers sitting around drinking coffee waiting for work to come up. Does yours?

Nope. But the Company knows how many stops each driver is dispatched with, even before the preload starts. And you're being used everyday. The Company counts on you being there to help, I mean to steal full time work, instead of hiring more drivers

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Nope. But the Company knows how many stops each driver is dispatched with, even before the preload starts. And you're being used everyday. The Company counts on you being there to help, I mean to steal full time work, instead of hiring more drivers

I have stated this before. What @PT Car Washer and every other part timer who are currently working full time hours are doing is eliminating additional funding into a full timers' pension plan. Particularly if the part timer has quit accruing vesting or increased benefits at the 35 year level under the UPS Pension Plan.

Trucker Clock

I have stated this before. What @PT Car Washer and every other part timer who are currently working full time hours are doing is eliminating additional funding into a full timers' pension plan. Particularly if the part timer has quit accruing vesting or increased benefits at the 35 year level under the UPS Pension Plan.

They’re also eliminating FT jobs.

UPS says why hire FT drivers when we can use these PTers to do FT work. Saves UPS on H&W and pension payments for more FT drivers.

Johney

They’re also eliminating FT jobs.

UPS says why hire FT drivers when we can use these PTers to do FT work. Saves UPS on H&W and pension payments for more FT drivers.
They have been doing that for nearly as long as I worked for them. Cover drivers,22.3,22.4.all not doing what the job stated they were supposed to do. Maybe just my old building I don’t know we have very active stewards so who knows why.