Will feeder drivers vote to strike on pkg/pt issues?

qdg2

I work 60+ hours a week.....I like overtime$$$$$$.

I work into Sat. morning(shrug)(always have).....Sunday nights....life of a feeder driver.

Some runs Tue. thru Sat....whatever.

Part-timers...haven't been one in 40 years.

So, vote to strike about nothing I care about? Simply, no.

Cameras.....contractors......you bet. Those two things are the greatest threats to my job.

qdg2

I would agree to no more vacation or pension payments after 40 years to get better pay for the part timers.
Clarify "pension payment"....you mean after collecting for 40 years each month? Or 40 year employees? So, the 40 year people would work without vacation pay?

I would agree for you losing your job to "help" everyone else....fair?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Feeders needs their own payscale. We are very close to being underpaid. We are almost at the industry standard now. Package can suck on an egg.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

I work into Sat. morning(shrug)(always have).....Sunday nights....life of a feeder driver.

Cameras.....contractors......you bet. Those two things are the greatest threats to my job.
I would expect nothing more out of you.

What a self serving, entitled, brotherhoodless mindset.

I have no intention of ever becoming a feeder driver, but I am willing to strike if the feeders get a bad deal.

Same for every other group. There’s enough profit and business for all of us to get a fair deal in the contract. We are a brotherhood.

Unfortunately a few don’t seem to feel that way.

Cowboy Mac

I will strike for 22.4s and I will strike for part time pay as well. Starting pay for part time is somewhere around $16/hour. That’s slightly more than McDonald’s.

Thebrownblob

I would expect nothing more out of you.

What a self serving, entitled, brotherhoodless mindset.

I have no intention of ever becoming a feeder driver, but I am willing to strike if the feeders get a bad deal.

Same for every other group. There’s enough profit and business for all of us to get a fair deal in the contract. We are a brotherhood.

Unfortunately a few don’t seem to feel that way.
Most don’t feel that way, The ones that do are the reason we have some of the contracts we’ve had for the last 10 years or more.

wrecker

Part timers have the numbers, and don’t come out to vote.

I will picket next to them and everyone else if they turn out and vote for themselves.

My vote will be used in my best interest.

rod

Retired 22 years

If you have been there 40 years you should be more than enough prepared to lend your support for a strike.