Will feeder drivers vote to strike on pkg/pt issues?

Thebrownblob

How's that song go? Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Unlike 99% of PT members I am red circle which means I make the same hourly rate as the FT I work with and more then 22.3. Most new members don't believe me.
Oh I believe we have almost a dozen of those here stiil. Some of them actually took 22.3 jobs and we’re allowed to keep their pay as long as they never moved from that particular bid again

qdg2

I would expect nothing more out of you.

What a self serving, entitled, brotherhoodless mindset.

I have no intention of ever becoming a feeder driver, but I am willing to strike if the feeders get a bad deal.

Same for every other group. There’s enough profit and business for all of us to get a fair deal in the contract. We are a brotherhood.

Unfortunately a few don’t seem to feel that way.
Well, as usual.....you misunderstand....I expect nothing more from you.....

My(our hours) suck too.....we work weekends....overnight....holidays too. Now. We've been getting a raw deal from the get go. Feeders is a 24 hour operation......

See......I've been in feeders 15 years and still work overnight. There aren't any day jobs.....unless you want CPS(pkg in a feeder).

I'v e payed my dues and will until I retire.

Don't lecture me about being selfish.

Don't like overtime and Sat/Sun?......don't come to feeders.

To top it off, I lost 25 years seniority to change classifications.

Don't lecture me boy.

I will NOT throw away our company for a pt'er that won't be there in 3 weeks.

Don't lecture me about "BAD DEALS".

STICK TO SOMETHING YOUR NOT MUCH BETTER AT......ADMIN.

Thebrownblob

Well, as usual.....you misunderstand....I expect nothing more from you.....

My(our hours) suck too.....we work weekends....overnight....holidays too. Now. We've been getting a raw deal from the get go. Feeders is a 24 hour operation......

See......I've been in feeders 15 years and still work overnight. There aren't any day jobs.....unless you want CPS(pkg in a feeder).

I'v e payed my dues and will until I retire.

Don't lecture me about being selfish.

Don't like overtime and Sat/Sun?......don't come to feeders.

To top it off, I lost 25 years seniority to change classifications.

Don't lecture me boy.

I will NOT throw away our company for a pt'er that won't be there in 3 weeks.

Don't lecture me about "BAD DEALS".

STICK TO SOMETHING YOUR NOT MUCH BETTER AT......ADMIN.
Too bad your local has classification scenario lol. What a croc that is

PT Car Washer

Oh I believe we have almost a dozen of those here stiil. Some of them actually took 22.3 jobs and we’re allowed to keep their pay as long as they never moved from that particular bid again
I think we have 3 left who are still PT. I doubt if there are any 22.3 left. They would all be over 60 years old.

qdg2

If you have been there 40 years you should be more than enough prepared to lend your support for a strike.
I didn't say I wouldn't "support" a strike. I just won't vote for it.
I work 60+ hours a week.....I like overtime$$$$$$.

I work into Sat. morning(shrug)(always have).....Sunday nights....life of a feeder driver.

Some runs Tue. thru Sat....whatever.

Part-timers...haven't been one in 40 years.

So, vote to strike about nothing I care about? Simply, no.

Cameras.....contractors......you bet. Those two things are the greatest threats to my job.

qdg2

I think we have 3 left who are still PT. I doubt if there are any 22.3 left. They would all be over 60 years old.
If I bid a 22 I go to the bottom and would be below the lowest...regardless of even years of service...one day even. Get last pick of 7 weeks vacation...

Thebrownblob

If I bid a 22 I go to the bottom and would be below the lowest...regardless of even years of service...one day even. Get last pick of 7 weeks vacation...
Blows my mind anybody does it that way! They already crap on our Seniority enough as it is, and then a local agrees to crap on it more?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I would expect nothing more out of you.

What a self serving, entitled, brotherhoodless mindset.

I have no intention of ever becoming a feeder driver, but I am willing to strike if the feeders get a bad deal.

Same for every other group. There’s enough profit and business for all of us to get a fair deal in the contract. We are a brotherhood.

Unfortunately a few don’t seem to feel that way.

qdg2

Funny because we had a few knuckleheads who wanted it to go the way you have it,
We had a membership meeting and overwhelmingly those few people almost got thrown out the windows lol
The top feeder guys are so scared of losing one place....they won't even consider it. We've got a 65 yo that wants to be the highest seniority person in the district all classifications....