Will UPS Bend Hoffa Over like in 2013?

Hofficer Hater

Hoffa and his new Package Director Denis T dropped the ball when they allowed UPS to implement the 70 hour work week this December.

In 2013 Hoffa, Ken H and Sean O got bent over when they allowed the company to kick off mwmbers from superior healthcare funds and into Teamcare.

So bad was the current contract that over 70% of UPSers voted against Hoffa.

With Teamsters United and TDU leading the Vote No Movement and now Sean O jumping on the bandwagon what will Hoffa and Denis T pull?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Hoffa and his new Package Director Denis T dropped the ball when they allowed UPS to implement the 70 hour work week this December.

In 2013 Hoffa, Ken H and Sean O got bent over when they allowed the company to kick off mwmbers from superior healthcare funds and into Teamcare.

With Teamsters United and TDU leading the Vote No Movement and now Sean O jumping on the bandwagon what will Hoffa and Denis T pull?

They will ignore all the noise. Then give UPS most of what they want. Plus a little spending money for a job well done.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
They will ignore all the noise. Then give UPS most of what they want. Plus a little spending money for a job well done.
They will recieve a NO vote and complain on how it’s a good contract. Then it will come down to the wire and UPS will give us half of what we are asking, then it is up to us to vote NO again and be willing to strike if necessary. Hoffa did hear us this last election whether he chooses to listen will determine how many times he has to go back to the negotiating table.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Just curious on how you got 70%? I didn’t know elections were broken down by barn. Thougt it was anonymous.

wide load

Ballots are anonymous but voting results are broken down by facility.

(We are not farmers—-farmers work in barns—-we work in centers/hubs)
Votes are broken down by local. My local oversees 35 companies besides UPS. You work in a barn. It’s like lipstick on a pig. How did they get 70%?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

chickenlittle-480.jpg

wide load

Who will be president of our international in 4 years?

john chesney

It’s like wrestling it’s fixed. They will travel around to fancy resorts and have a good time. It’s all a show we’re paying for. It’s a done deal already and they drag it out for more vacation time. Anyone that don’t think we’re going to get screwed is naive.Im doing 2 to 3 Times the Work I did when I started and it’s just getting worse everyday

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It’s like wrestling it’s fixed. They will travel around to fancy resorts and have a good time. It’s all a show we’re paying for. It’s a done deal already and they drag it out for more vacation time. Anyone that don’t think we’re going to get screwed is naive.Im doing 2 to 3 Times the Work I did when I started and it’s just getting worse everyday

Sounds like you need to slow down

Gimme Danger

Votes are broken down by local. My local oversees 35 companies besides UPS. You work in a barn. It’s like lipstick on a pig. How did they get 70%?
35 companies besides UPS? More like 100+ in 251. 70 contracts is probably more accurate when you lump together the master construction companies.

I believe the computer software used at the vote count can determine what number of members voted from a particular workplace by the workplace IBT code. But once the envelopes are opened, it's any one's guess how members voted, other than the totals.
I'm guessing that an estimate was made based on vote results in Locals with UPS, and experience from TU campaigning.

john chesney

Im sorry to tell you but that’s nobody’s fault but your own.
Please remember not all work is physical.The mental work is harder for me. I can’t see addresses on the boxes or houses good anymore.With Orion I feel like a swing driver some days. Yes I’m old and it’s almost over I don’t feel bad for myself I feel bad for people that have a long time to go.I don’t care about the contact for me I’ll be gone. I care about it for the people I’m leaving behind

john chesney

How soon.... will you sign the 9.5 list ?
3 days a week very close to 9.5 and 2 others over. Yes I’ve filed grievances and yes I’ve won. Yes I filed for using the other the other 2 days as punishment. Yes I’ve filled with Osha,EEOC and Dol. I’m definitely am a fighter but does it have to be this way?