Will UPS Bend Hoffa Over like in 2013?

Tony Q

What’s it cost to mail out 250,000 ballots round trip? Half of which won’t get mailed back anyway.
Two hundred and fifty thousand ballots costs a lot of money. Just imagine being able to cast your vote by phone. Set up a pin or something along those lines. I think the apathy would not be the excuse it once was.

A

Article 3

Many people today have given up on justice prevailing in hearings, on invisible union representation, or they are just using this (part time) job to fill in until they find full time employment elsewhere.

"The union" means little to them at $11/hr.

The work atmosphere is often caustic and the carrot to make them stay for the first year looks pretty scrawny.

Get the part time starting wage up to $15+/hr and give them benefits after 90 days then "the union" may mean something to the average worker.

Otherwise, it's an abusive job with little promise and "the union" may look self serving with the initiation fees and dues wiping out a big chunk of their meager earnings for a few weeks.

Looks to me like the union officers need to step up their game and show up on the shop floors these days. Right to Work looks pretty tempting to many part time UPS employees.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The company always carried the BA on our seniority list.

Since 1993:

"A Union member elected or appointed to serve as a Union official shall be granted a leave of absence during the period of such employment, without discrimination or loss of seniority rights, and without pay."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

Was the agent hired ?

Or, elected ?

What’s it cost to mail out 250,000 ballots round trip? Half of which won’t get mailed back anyway.

The mailing cost, is a pittance.

Printing costs.... ?

-Bug-

Many people today have given up on justice prevailing in hearings, on invisible union representation, or they are just using this (part time) job to fill in until they find full time employment elsewhere.

"The union" means little to them at $11/hr.

The work atmosphere is often caustic and the carrot to make them stay for the first year looks pretty scrawny.

Get the part time starting wage up to $15+/hr and give them benefits after 90 days then "the union" may mean something to the average worker.

Otherwise, it's an abusive job with little promise and "the union" may look self serving with the initiation fees and dues wiping out a big chunk of their meager earnings for a few weeks.

Looks to me like the union officers need to step up their game and show up on the shop floors these days. Right to Work looks pretty tempting to many part time UPS employees.

the truth, I can't tell you how many times I've told an hourly to file when they complain. I'm like yeah, here file for this... but they don't. We had a day we shut preload down, but made management do hourly work. My part timers just laughed and said haha for you. Like your going against your own contract, it baffles me