Will UPS Bend Hoffa Over like in 2013?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
35 companies besides UPS? More like 100+ in 251. 70 contracts is probably more accurate when you lump together the master construction companies.

I believe the computer software used at the vote count can determine what number of members voted from a particular workplace by the workplace IBT code. But once the envelopes are opened, it's any one's guess how members voted, other than the totals.
I'm guessing that an estimate was made based on vote results in Locals with UPS, and experience from TU campaigning.
Ok cool. Just trying to decipher if that was an actual number or estimate or even if the candidates had these figures and why I h8 guy even had them.

rod

Retired 22 years
Please remember not all work is physical.The mental work is harder for me. I can’t see addresses on the boxes or houses good anymore.With Orion I feel like a swing driver some days. Yes I’m old and it’s almost over I don’t feel bad for myself I feel bad for people that have a long time to go.I don’t care about the contact for me I’ll be gone. I care about it for the people I’m leaving behind

I'll break this to you as gently as possible. "Maybe, just maybe" your fellow RETIRED drivers will care about you but I guarantee the Company, the Union and those still working will forget about you the second you walk out the door. Just a fact of life.

john chesney

I'll break this to you as gently as possible. "Maybe, just maybe" your fellow RETIRED drivers will care about you but I guarantee the Company, the Union and those still working will forget about you the second you walk out the door. Just a fact of life.
I totally agree with you.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Hoffa and his new Package Director Denis T dropped the ball when they allowed UPS to implement the 70 hour work week this December.

In 2013 Hoffa, Ken H and Sean O got bent over when they allowed the company to kick off mwmbers from superior healthcare funds and into Teamcare.

So bad was the current contract that over 70% of UPSers voted against Hoffa.

With Teamsters United and TDU leading the Vote No Movement and now Sean O jumping on the bandwagon what will Hoffa and Denis T pull?
I'm on the sidelines , still a little in the loop , and my opinion about what the content of the negotiations will be mean nothing . But , for what its worth , my peoples are saying the rank and file are gonna like what Hoffa will deliver.

Box Ox

Always has been a center, and package car here.

Only guy who calls 'em package cars at my center is an out of touch center manager who doesn't know they're actually trucks when their actual dimensions and methods of operation are taken into consideration.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Is it true that when you worked for the company you used horse and carriage and delivery info was hieroglyphics?

rod

Retired 22 years
Is it true that when you worked for the company you used horse and carriage and delivery info was hieroglyphics?

No -- but it is true that we were a tight knit group who fought for improvements each contract and didn't just roll over and take it in the butt like a lot of the :people_crybaby: do now.