Why did Ken H resign as UPS Package Director, Local 175 & JC 94?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Are you serious?
We have full timers (on call) laid off every week. Unfortunate for the off the street hires who bump in and get the starting pt time wage. Welcome to UPS.
If your a permanent FT employee, you should have the right to work before junior PTers. Sorry but it's true.

10 Pt

Take a look at Article 3, Section 6 of the CRT. That language changed in 2002. They are under paying your guys if what you are saying is accurate.
Without digging it out...
Do you mean they get the increases as well? Is that what you're talking about?

5habits100

Attachments

• IMG_1755.PNG
    IMG_1755.PNG
    312.4 KB · Views: 122

LeadBelly

Banned
Are you serious?
We have full timers (on call) laid off every week. Unfortunate for the off the street hires who bump in and get the starting pt time wage. Welcome to UPS.
If they are new hires and have made seniority they would be making $15 an hour per article 41 section 3 when they bump inside.

10 Pt

That why you like me so much. I'm here to help.
THIS is what this forum should be about.
There's no reason why the brotherhood of Teamsters should hate each other (except for scabs in USNY of course).
Respect goes a long way towards arriving at destinations intact with a future for the next generation.

LeadBelly

Banned
THIS is what this forum should be about.
There's no reason why the brotherhood of Teamsters should hate each other (except for scabs in USNY of course).
Respect goes a long way towards arriving at destinations intact with a future for the next generation.
This is something I'm making a commitment to working on. If you can just bare with my punctuation and English shortcomings. I can make up for it with better language and also contract language.

10 Pt

This is something I'm making a commitment to working on. If you can just bare with my punctuation and English shortcomings. I can make up for it with better language and also contract language.
Maybe @cheryl will take notice? We're all playing nice now.
Please let Leadbelly 2.0 back in the clubhouse?

(Trade you an USNYer for it even up.)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The pension and healthcare funds are not run by the same people.
The money for both funds are for sure handled by the same people, in the same offices, many drawing two salaries.
I used to have a printout of their salaries awhile back.
I'm sure if it wasn't the case, more people on this site beside you would be bristling at the notion.

BrownBrokeDown

Came on the site to see if I could find anything on the Hoffa hall situation and thought I would throw somethings out to be pondered by the people that might be able to suggest them. A little background, I am currently on my way out at ups, I got a route sales job (it's teamster, woot) that I'm a cover driver for and working monstrous hours right now plus money's good, so barely squeezing ups In right now and won't be much longer. Ok so to the ideas, just throwing them out for you guys to ponder my horse is close to being shot.

Ft drivers that get bumped and laid off can double shift (at least I have seen it in my area) so while they aren't bringing home a driver check it is a 40 hr paycheck. Cover drivers don't have that luxury. I could have been a cover several years ago except for the fact it's hard to hold a ft job along with it. And when they don't work they get a pt check as their income. The route job I have, has in the contract a guarenteed paycheck total that cover drivers get when they are not covering a route. They have to show up, and do whatever the sups want them to do but it's a paycheck. Roughly 66% of the avg route check. Obviously 66% wouldn't work at ups but....this might help build the bridge between pt and going ft a little easier when it can take years and years for the opportunity

I don't know about everyone else's hubs, but how many pt new hires in the last 5 years were over the age of 25? The majority of the kids that come in don't care about pension/healthcare/etc. if you want true part time backing the wages have to be significantly increased to bring in people that do care about those things. Let's be honest, in right to work states the kids don't join the union, they wouldn't vote even if they did, and a lot of them sure give us a bad name with their laziness. TEAMSTERS need good quality employees for their examples to the public as much as the company does to make money

You have to take care of the retirees. The increases to the retiree healthcare monthly payment are a joke. Figure a way out of it. It is irresponsible and reprehensible to sell out the retirees just because they can't vote. Their pensions don't increase every contract. FIX IT. If it means a smaller ft raise so be it. If it means anything that's reasonable it's worth it. Just remember, you will be in that position someday.

Might think of a few more later to add.