workers comp

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
If i get hurt on the job and within that week go on taw. Will that be considered the start of workers comp? Or after 30 days is it work comp?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

TAW is offered to employees who are injured on the clock as a way to reduce their DART numbers. TAW benefits the employee as they continue to earn their regular wage rather than the reduced comp payments.

TAW is normally limited to 30 days----if you are still unable to return to work you would then go out on comp.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Technically, Worker's Compensation starts the day your MD restricts you enough to take you out of service. From that point forward you are entitled to all rights afforded you by your states laws.
Under most cases, you can choose whether or not you participate under your contractual rights to TAW.

PACNW

TAW is a way to keep you working and avoid comp. It is still a DART injury, but a avoids being a Lost Time injury. You would be given alternate work at the same rate and hours you would normally work. Here if you are offered TAW within your restrictions you can decline, but without pay.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How hurt are you? I say that because some doctors will keep you out of work if you tell them what our work is like.

Johney

You cannot collect both at the same time. .
I believe you can. Assuming you qualify for the max payment from comp which I think is $860 a week and are not getting that due to your work restrictions on TAW, comp has to make up the difference. Most people make the max on TAW so it's never an issue. Not sure been a long time since I've seen comp checks. You are required to report earnings while on comp.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I believe you can. Assuming you qualify for the max payment from comp which I think is $860 a week and are not getting that due to your work restrictions on TAW, comp has to make up the difference. Most people make the max on TAW so it's never an issue. Not sure been a long time since I've seen comp checks. You are required to report earnings while on comp.

So they adjust the comp by the amount that you receive while on TAW?

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

You are not officially out on workers comp when on taw...you cannot get both

HBGPreloader

Since the worker's comp insurer wasn't exactly consistent with sending my W/C checks, I cannot say for sure if or when you'll start receiving compensation.
However, the case is supposed to be opened and your benefits start accruing when you report the injury and your work is restricted. So, make sure that is accurate.
Beyond that, while I was on TAW, I received partial W/C benefits for the weeks I worked but didn't earn enough to cover the W/C amount I was supposed to receive.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You are not officially out on workers comp when on taw...you cannot get both
Wrong. You are on Worker's Compensation when your MD prescribes restrictions and you are unable to perform your usual job duties.
You may or may not receive TTD pay when on TAW but you are still covered by all other WC benefits.