Working Christmas Day 2019

35years

Gravy route
If they ask you to work your vacation, would anyone call it double time because you receive a vacation check and straight time pay?

This triple time bs is just a ploy to make it sound appealing.

They actually posted the schedule two years ago and everyone was on it for Christmas.

Word leaked out in the press and UPS canceled it.

No way I would show up.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If they ask you to work your vacation, would anyone call it double time because you receive a vacation check and straight time pay?

This triple time bs is just a ploy to make it sound appealing.

They actually posted the schedule two years ago and everyone was on it for Christmas.

Word leaked out in the press and UPS canceled it.

No way I would show up.

I remember a sign-up sheet a few years back, just in case, but nobody ended up working Christmas.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I think it was 2-3 years before I retired that they did this. They put a sign up sheet up and told us it would be triple time and that we would be used only if needed. Turns out no one, hourly or management, was needed
What they told you and what was in the contract are two different things. Sure- they can pay triple time. They can do that ANY time tha they want to. By unless forced to, they won't.

MattM

Just remember. Not all ups is equal. Air ramp personnel get paid at straight time if a forced holiday falls on a normally scheduled day. I've seen DT twice in a 7 year span.

Ghost in the Darkness

2013 when all carriers fumbled the ball and amazon blamed ups in the media.... they considered trying to make us work. I wouldn't have then and I won't this year either. Anything not delivered by Christmas Eve can wait til December 26.

rod

Retired 22 years
2013 when all carriers fumbled the ball and amazon blamed ups in the media.... they considered trying to make us work. I wouldn't have then and I won't this year either. Anything not delivered by Christmas Eve can wait til December 26.
But I promised people they would get a 150 lb. anvil for Christmas and I don't want to disappoint them.

The Driver

I drive.
I would come in because my family is doing Christmas on a different day because of a conflict with my sister's schedule who lives out of town. Triple pay would be fine but I want 14 hours.

Methods Man

Let’s just work every holiday while we’re at it! Pshh if anyone were to show up on Xmas to work that’s just opening the doors up for future expectations.