Working vacation.

DRporch

Considering working my upcoming vacation. Is working vacation 1.5x pay in central region?

Now I don’t need the backlash. I’m in my own bracket for vacation I didn’t take them away from any other driver. However with COVID in my area it’s basicically shattered any hope of enjoying my vacation.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Considering working my upcoming vacation. Is working vacation 1.5x pay in central region?

Now I don’t need the backlash. I’m in my own bracket for vacation I didn’t take them away from any other driver. However with COVID in my area it’s basicically shattered any hope of enjoying my vacation.

How do you get your own “bracket” for vacations

You don't want the time off?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
giphy.gif

DRporch

Most of my vacation plans got trashed also.

But it's been so damn busy I have no desire to work on my off time
Being a TDP driver this pandemic has brought hours but in reality it’s less physical work for me then normal. I feel bad for the normal drivers being destroyed by the volume everyday with no end in sight..

DRporch

He's going to work his vacation, so why bother replying. My sup begs me to work mine. Nope. Never. Staff properly
It’s not about staffing I took both my other ones with no issue when I was able to actually enjoy them. However this one is nearly ruined so considering working it for extra money

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It’s not about staffing I took both my other ones with no issue when I was able to actually enjoy them. However this one is nearly ruined so considering working it for extra money

If it's not about staffing, then they have someone to cover you while you're on vacation.

If you work, what happens to this person? You just can't elect to work through your vacation and make them lay someone off.

If they are out of drivers, and they ask you to work through your vacation, which is for another thread, you get your vacation check and paid like normal when you work.

Straight time for the first 8 hours and then time and a half for any hours past 8.

DRporch

If it's not about staffing, then they have someone to cover you while you're on vacation.

If you work, what happens to this person? You just can't elect to work through your vacation and make them lay someone off.

If they are out of drivers, and they ask you to work through your vacation, which is for another thread, you get your vacation check and paid like normal when you work.

Straight time for the first 8 hours and then time and a half for any hours past 8.
And if I was working On my vacation while someone is sitting at home I’d be furious with myself and management. But nobody else in my center can drive semi to do the things that need to be done they need 4 people to cover my route. 4 people we can’t spare right now lol we all been working 6 days for months

Faceplanted

I’m sure the new drivers who would have loved to get a summer week off will be happy to know you selected the week they could have had just to come in and work anyways.

DRporch

I’m sure the new drivers who would have loved to get a summer week off will be happy to know you selected the week they could have had just to come in and work anyways.
I’m in my own vacation bracket I pick very last cause I can take any week I want. I get the same picks as the guy with 35yrs. My licks don’t effect anyone

DriverNerd

Why does anyone else care whether the guy works his vacation. I don't work mine either, but if he wants to, go for it. As said before, you get paid your hourly rate and overtime just like any other week.