Would FedEx ever be this stupid?

dezguy

http://247wallst.com/autos/2014/02/27/volvo-offers-food-delivery-to-its-cars/

Volvo has introduced new technology that allows it's car owners to have food deliveries made directly to their car. If this catches on and other car companies start putting this technology in their vehicles, how long until FedEx has us following cars around to make a delivery. Sounds far fetched, I know but with more and more people making purchases online, and FedEx losing money on deliveries to resi's where the con isn't home, would it be that far a stretch for Fred and company to have us chasing people around town?

Rainman

Its all good.
http://247wallst.com/autos/2014/02/27/volvo-offers-food-delivery-to-its-cars/

Volvo has introduced new technology that allows it's car owners to have food deliveries made directly to their car. If this catches on and other car companies start putting this technology in their vehicles, how long until FedEx has us following cars around to make a delivery. Sounds far fetched, I know but with more and more people making purchases online, and FedEx losing money on deliveries to resi's where the con isn't home, would it be that far a stretch for Fred and company to have us chasing people around town?
A lot of other things have happened that we never thought we would see. Of they do it UPS won't be far behind. Unless they do it first.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Slick silver

What are u talking about... Dispatch sends me a message sometimes to meet people around town already if they weren't home when I attempted a delivery. Wouldn't surprise me if it became a usual event everyday

Sent using BrownCafe App

dezguy

We had a software update on the powerpads a few months back that added same day stops on the commit and non commit stop count screen. If they're considering same day pups and dels, I guess something like this wouldn't be out of the question...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We had a software update on the powerpads a few months back that added same day stops on the commit and non commit stop count screen. If they're considering same day pups and dels, I guess something like this wouldn't be out of the question...

As someone else said, if UPS does it, we will do it. This would be an absolutely horrible idea, which almost guarantees that they are strongly considering it. You always need to remember that the people who make the decisions at FedEx are hopelessly out of touch with reality.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Consumer demands are what ultimately lead to new or changes to current service offerings and, yes, if you guys are doing it we will follow shortly thereafter and vice versa.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
and the drivers on all sides of the fence are notoriously stubborn and resistant to change.
You talk the big talk, but you've never been a driver because you don't like to get your hands dirty and then you think we should be grateful for all the takeaways we've put up with over the years? You're clueless as corporate.