Wow ORION really is that bad

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Dr.Brownz, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

• Goy orion today. Wow its worse than I ever could have imagined. First air stop on 8000 shelf. Bussiness stops clustered with resi on 7000 and 5000 except for the bulk stops which are all at the front so of course all the excess from 1000-4000 is on the floor in the back where the bulk should be. BS miles estimation that is less than half of what it will take to do this route. How is it this bad? When we first got edd it was ok but everday it gets worse and orion completely :censored2:ed us today. SMH

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Diaper King

Diaper King I'ma Doctor

You just got Orion today? Like for the first time ever???

3. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

ORION is a case study in what happens when people who have never done a job come up with bright ideas about how to do a job.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

One day last week ORION had me delivering one Next Day Air parcel at a business on my route and then coming back about 10 stops later and delivering the other two Next Day Airs.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

It's not always that bad. Sometimes it's worse.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. dookie stain

dookie stain Cornfed whiteboy

I've still never used Orion. I was talked to once about it. They used to post the percentage each driver followed Orion but now it's like we never had it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Clock Sucker

Clock Sucker I handle a lot of packages

I've had it do that too but the other packages were ground. Nothing makes more sense than making 2 trips when it could have been done in one trip.

8. Two Tokes

Two Tokes Active Member

The best was the other day. Last 4 stops Business eta 1801 1804 1806 1812 Really? What a Tax Write-Off

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Oh Shoot

Oh Shoot When it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun!

I had a bulk stop in 4 different locations

10. SafetyFirst

SafetyFirst Member

We were told everyone had to follow it one morning by center manager, so I did 99.6%. Next day my on car told me don't ever do that again.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  11. AlliSeeisBrown

AlliSeeisBrown Active Member

Told my preloader to just put all NDA's in front of everything on the 1000 shelf. If it's not an envelope to put it on the floor under 2000. If the same stop has grounds I'll go searching for those where they're supposed to be but I don't like to mess around with scrambling to find 10:30 commits. I count my NDA's before I leave and this makes it easy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  12. wornoutupser

wornoutupser Active Member

it is worse than you ever thought

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Two Tokes

Two Tokes Active Member

Never use it a well but love to look at it. It is waaaaayyyyy more productive to run a route differently every day

14. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I look at it and let it humor me for a second. If I'm running my country work then I turn ODO on because it works nice in the rural sections. But then I turn it off in the burbs since I'm not crossing all these streets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

"Goy" Orion? Does that mean the route hasn't been "cut"?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

I've been thinking lately that the Orion engineers accidentally typed in the command "maximize" mileage instead of "optimize". After being hounded about compliance, I decided to get as close to 100% each day as possible with the only breaks being to make service on business and for on time p/u's. Been making lots of money lately.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

On my route the best thing about Orion is, it wants me to go down dead end residential streets and deliver the houses on the wrong side of the road first. And then drive out and deliver the house on the other side. So I deliver every house from the wrong side of the road.

For :censored2: and giggles I follow it every once in a while. I'm usually 2.50-3.00 hours over

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  18. Dr.Brownz

yes
    it was rape

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Dr.Brownz

Well the thing is they are trying to "tweak" the loads based on ORIONS plan but ORIONS plan is absolute garbage. And apparently our dispatch people have no idea how to work the dispatch software

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Diaper King

Diaper King I'ma Doctor

Ive thought maybe part of the whole Orion this is to maximize visibility? I'm saying, how many times a customer sees us drive by in a day. So maybe they think, "wow, there sure is ALOT of ups guys!" Or.. "geez this guy is dumb, he was already down my dead-end street once today!" :P

Now that's just mean.. although I remember hearing supes say that someday everything will be pal'd in Orion order. I think that's just retarded, but those things are way above my pay grade.