Wow ORION really is that bad

Dr.Brownz

• Goy orion today. Wow its worse than I ever could have imagined. First air stop on 8000 shelf. Bussiness stops clustered with resi on 7000 and 5000 except for the bulk stops which are all at the front so of course all the excess from 1000-4000 is on the floor in the back where the bulk should be. BS miles estimation that is less than half of what it will take to do this route. How is it this bad? When we first got edd it was ok but everday it gets worse and orion completely :censored2:ed us today. SMH

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
One day last week ORION had me delivering one Next Day Air parcel at a business on my route and then coming back about 10 stops later and delivering the other two Next Day Airs.

Rack em

Made the Podium
One day last week ORION had me delivering one Next Day Air parcel at a business on my route and then coming back about 10 stops later and delivering the other two Next Day Airs.
I've had it do that too but the other packages were ground. Nothing makes more sense than making 2 trips when it could have been done in one trip.

AlliSeeisBrown

Told my preloader to just put all NDA's in front of everything on the 1000 shelf. If it's not an envelope to put it on the floor under 2000. If the same stop has grounds I'll go searching for those where they're supposed to be but I don't like to mess around with scrambling to find 10:30 commits. I count my NDA's before I leave and this makes it easy.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I look at it and let it humor me for a second. If I'm running my country work then I turn ODO on because it works nice in the rural sections. But then I turn it off in the burbs since I'm not crossing all these streets.

JL 0513

I've been thinking lately that the Orion engineers accidentally typed in the command "maximize" mileage instead of "optimize". After being hounded about compliance, I decided to get as close to 100% each day as possible with the only breaks being to make service on business and for on time p/u's. Been making lots of money lately.

ManInBrown

On my route the best thing about Orion is, it wants me to go down dead end residential streets and deliver the houses on the wrong side of the road first. And then drive out and deliver the house on the other side. So I deliver every house from the wrong side of the road.

For :censored2: and giggles I follow it every once in a while. I'm usually 2.50-3.00 hours over

Dr.Brownz

I've still never used Orion. I was talked to once about it. They used to post the percentage each driver followed Orion but now it's like we never had it.

Well the thing is they are trying to "tweak" the loads based on ORIONS plan but ORIONS plan is absolute garbage. And apparently our dispatch people have no idea how to work the dispatch software

Poop Head

Judge me.
I've been thinking lately that the Orion engineers accidentally typed in the command "maximize" mileage instead of "optimize". After being hounded about compliance, I decided to get as close to 100% each day as possible with the only breaks being to make service on business and for on time p/u's. Been making lots of money lately.
Ive thought maybe part of the whole Orion this is to maximize visibility? I'm saying, how many times a customer sees us drive by in a day. So maybe they think, "wow, there sure is ALOT of ups guys!" Or.. "geez this guy is dumb, he was already down my dead-end street once today!" :P

Well the thing is they are trying to "tweak" the loads based on ORIONS plan but ORIONS plan is absolute garbage. And apparently our dispatch people have no idea how to work the dispatch software
Now that's just mean.. although I remember hearing supes say that someday everything will be pal'd in Orion order. I think that's just retarded, but those things are way above my pay grade.