Wow ORION really is that bad

Over 70

Orion had me deliver businesses right before their pickups start. They got on me about compliance during peak on my commercial heavy route so I followed it 100% and so many people called and complained about getting theit delivery at 3pm.

Some were pretty nasty to me since I was new but I just smiled and told them I'm working as directed and gave them the number to call and complain.

The Dispatcher actually went through and made a bunch of adjustments so its kinda ok now but that's because it's much closers to what edd already was. Stupid. Edd is faster because everything is PAL'ed in order and area knowledge trumps the computer that thinks there's somewhere for me to turn around in the ghetto.

While it might take a few more miles to make exceptional service, it's cheaper than overtime!

Poop Head

Judge me.
Orion breaks them up to make sure that you get all of your NDA delivered on time. I will always try to deliver all of the packages for a bulk stop when possible.
That's assuming that you can immediately find those 5,6,7 and 8 thousand pal'd stops it wants you to do first thing in the morning..
And that you leave the building on time lol

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Several times in past weeks. Orion has had me break off from a rural location and begin delivering a section that is 8 miles away. Deliver 6 stops and then go back out where I left off with. These are stops that could easily be delivered after my pickups on the way back to the center for air drop.
Orion is stupid....I consistently beat Orion on miles every week by running the route like I did before Orion.
The way I think Orion should have been implemented is take a few weeks of Orion Data gathered by the system and find the best solution that addresses most variations and stick with that. One solid trace to be followed every day. It would get UPS back into the groove of being a reliable service for businesses and the trucks would be loaded with the same stops in the same places every day.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If ORION ran a military campaign...the bombers would be ordered to drop napalm on their own troops in order to cut 4.3 miles off of the flight plan.

It really is that stupid.

JackStraw

Leave it to UPS to come up with a system that has you delivering whole neighborhoods in the reverse order of which it was loaded.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Told my preloader to just put all NDA's in front of everything on the 1000 shelf. If it's not an envelope to put it on the floor under 2000. If the same stop has grounds I'll go searching for those where they're supposed to be but I don't like to mess around with scrambling to find 10:30 commits. I count my NDA's before I leave and this makes it easy.
Don't help them fix their problem if they aren't willing to take advice from their number one resource on doing this job....drivers

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've been thinking lately that the Orion engineers accidentally typed in the command "maximize" mileage instead of "optimize". After being hounded about compliance, I decided to get as close to 100% each day as possible with the only breaks being to make service on business and for on time p/u's. Been making lots of money lately.
That is what I've done from day one. It's easy to remember when your response for why you did something is always. Just following Orion.