Wow ORION really is that bad

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Leave it to UPS to come up with a system that has you delivering whole neighborhoods in the reverse order of which it was loaded.
All because it saved you .3 miles (or about 10 cents at today's fuel prices) to not drive around and start at the other end.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Why is being over dispatched with air your problem? Just don't run any ground packages before all of your air is delivered.
It's bid being over dispatched as much as it is loading air in with bulk stops. If something happens and I need to just deliver air instead of their ground too. It's hard digging through 50 boxes to find 2 air.

brostalss

I remember our center getting ORION. I used it.............for about 3 stops. Who else thinks driving in and out of a gated area three or fours times makes sense?

Poop Head

Judge me.
I remember our center getting ORION. I used it.............for about 3 stops. Who else thinks driving in and out of a gated area three or fours times makes sense?
38696277.jpg

Johney

Jack ***!
I'm surprised he has not retired yet.
I worked with him on some Yard Control software back in the 80's.
Super sharp guy.
Line 8 of the TOS,you should know better.
8.) You are responsible for protecting your own privacy and respecting the privacy of others. This means no posting of your own or any other person's full name, last name, photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.
Reported.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Line 8 of the TOS,you should know better.
8.) You are responsible for protecting your own privacy and respecting the privacy of others. This means no posting of your own or any other person's full name, last name, photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.
Reported.
It's from a magazine cover with his name in the article but I did change it per your enlightenment.
The name I replaced it with is in no way what I think of Jack but if its funny ... :censored2: it!

LeadBelly

Banned
Jack Ass!
I'm surprised he has not retired yet.
I worked with him on some Yard Control software back in the 80's.
Super sharp guy.
They are having problems finding good managers now. A lot that I know are staying on an extra two to three years and being compensated very well for this. It's almost criminal what they are pulling down. There is a huge hole in good help on the horizon.

StoptheAct1212

I never followed it yett. The only good thing that i never seen anyone mention. That ive always done anyway. If you got a air, its trying to get you to deliver the grounds with that. And thats all i gotta say about this Orion waste of money..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Orion first stop" is our flavor of the month.

We are being directed to go to our first stop unless we can justify not doing so, such as for making sure to get our air off on time.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
"Orion first stop" is our flavor of the month.

We are being directed to go to our first stop unless we can justify not doing so, such as for making sure to get our air off on time.
Orion has gotten my first stop right only twice.
Dunkins.
Sign here please...
Large milk only please.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I have sections that I run with Orion and it works, if I'm willing to turn around in resi driveways. It's not a complete failure, but forcing percent in trace and first stop is just stupid. Not every driver purposely jacks up miles

JL 0513

Anyone know if pickups are part of making compliance? Since the Orion update last year where p/u's are now listed in ODO mixed with delivery stops, I've wondered this. One issue with this is Orion orders p/u's out of out and often way off schedule for customers where a specific time is expected. So while I keep all deliver stops in order if possible, I break off and run p/u's at proper times which of course blows up miles if you're not breaking off according to Orion. Not my problem. I only care now since I've made it my mission to chase this metric no matter how stupid.

So would you still be 100% regardless of what order you run p/u's and when the break points are?

WayBill

ORION has made pickup compliance a thing of the past. Totally screws time allowances for drivers that have several pickups. Have to justify those extra 15 stops a day. Hello, 9.5 list.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's from a magazine cover with his name in the article but I did change it per your enlightenment.
The name I replaced it with is in no way what I think of Jack but if its funny ... :censored2: it!

Oh for Pete's sakes---just tell Johney about double standards and be done with it.