You wont believe this PCM!

trickpony1

Danny-

I'm sorry to be so "doom and gloom", but do you really think Atlanta is gonna jump through their "rear end" to resolve this situation especailly when it involves paying a rather large grievance?

I believe Atlanta is fully aware of what is going on and why.

804 pensionite

dannyboy said:
I agree with Danlin

The routes are to be set up that each driver can and should take lunch during the lunch time period. Now that being said, if you have a day once in a while where you get slammed, then I could understand not taking your lunch before 5.
d

BWHAHAHAHAHA!...I can't believe I'm hearing this crap.

I took my lunch every day at the same exact time...for one full hour.

My ENTIRE career. ALWAYS. If I EVER gave up a minute, it was for ME. If I was slammed, an hour. Light load...and hour.

Anybody who gives up a lunch or awaits till dinner time...hahahaha, a 5 PM lunch...well, you're brownie whipped. I worked hard enough lugging boxes for 10 hours up and down brownstones in Brooklyn to give up a meal hour that was in my contract, and in the heat?....yeah, ok...let me give up my hour for the sake of some fat bellied micro manager so he can make nice numbers and work on that stock option and promtion. He's so proud of me and how I gave up my lunch...I'm going to have job security now! HAHA!

And I never lugged a diad around during my lunch.

You guys work hard enough in all types of weather....the money you make is not because these pricks are generous...it's because of your unions. Without them you would be making 10 an hour and be replaced when you turned 35.

Cezanne

Remember watching a History Channel special on the German made autobaum done during the third reid, apparently some of the german workforce that built the thing were not happy with their treatment by their superiors. Some of them complained by letter to Hitler believing they had the right as nazi party members, the laborers names were issued to the SS and we all can guess the results. The morale of the story is you do not trust your chain of command (company or union) why request a target on your back:)

traveler

Where next? Venice
Cezanne said:
Remember watching a History Channel special on the German made autobahn done during the third reid, apparently some of the German workforce that built the thing were not happy with their treatment by their superiors. Some of them complained by letter to Hitler believing they had the right as Nazi party members, the laborers names were issued to the SS and we all can guess the results. The morale of the story is you do not trust your chain of command (company or union) why request a target on your back:)

Are you related to Howard Dean? That was quite a comparison! UPS similar to Hitler and the Nazi party even in a vague similarity? I do get your drift and somewhat agree but I do think the metaphor is extreme.

PS. If I don't post again for a while it's because I am flying out today to Europe.

traveler

Where next? Venice
dannyboy said:
What, they don't have internet in Europe?

d

We will be on a ship and the charge for internet access is about 75 cents a minute! Yes, I am still a bit frugal. :crying:

UPS may be tough but no one was ever shot for complaining (though the thought crossed my mind once or twice in my career!) :confused:1

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
one was ever shot for complaining (though the thought crossed my mind once or twice in my career

Dont feel bad, for years I was the hands on favorite driver to loose it, and be the one to go on the postal spree at work. I must admit, the pressure was very very tough. And yes, while the comparison to the nazis was a bit off, I did have several sadistic supervisors that intended to make my live rough. And sadistic is not even adequate for the way they were.

Lucky though, I out lasted them. Both in sanity and longevity at UPS.

d