3 day ride and my experience

3HrsOverAllowed

I just completed my 3 day ride today. Day 1 13.5 SPORH 123 O/A Day 2 13.8 Sporh 166 O/A Day 3 14.5 SPORH 125 O/A.My OC told me it was the hardest 3 day OJS he has done due to my methods being so good. I didn't give him much to work with he said. Here they want us to maintain an average weekly SPORH based on the 3 day ride. My average is 13.94 SPORH. I think I can do it.We'll see.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My 3 day OJS will be next Wed-Fri. I will post the results here. My question about being OJS'd is, can I ask for a different supervisor than the one who intends to do the OJS? I have already filed harassment grievances against him and feel that he is biased against me.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My 3 day OJS will be next Wed-Fri. I will post the results here. My question about being OJS'd is, can I ask for a different supervisor than the one who intends to do the OJS? I have already filed harassment grievances against him and feel that he is biased against me.
You can ask, but they're going to send whoever they want. I've had some monster OJS rides that generated plenty of harassment grievances. Don't let them get to you, just focus like a laser on the task at hand.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You can ask, but they're going to send whoever they want. I've had some monster OJS rides that generated plenty of harassment grievances. Don't let them get to you, just focus like a laser on the task at hand.
Okay, LOL, I'll picture him as the guy that rides with me. Also, can he tell me I have to deliver this or that, instead of me just delivering the way that I do?

brownman15

maybe. the guy says he is running better then scratch. you don't do ojs rides on someone running scratch or better.

yes they do. they rode with the most overallowed and the highest bonus driver in my building. the dm rode with the bonus driver. word is not only are they trying 2 get the overallowed drivers 2 run better but also cut the amount of bonus paid.

Dagoof

Had my second 3 day ride last week. He modified my route so that I had more DR stops than I usually do. Which allowed me to do more stops during the ride. After the ride route went back to normal more sig required apts. Now I am getting written up for not doing the same amount as I did during the ride. Even though I am consistent week after week.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hmmmm, now to figure out how to hotwire my video camera directly to the battery.:wink2: LOL, supe says, why do I keep seeing flashes of light, when there's not a cloud in the sky?:happy2:

UPS Lifer

Helen,
Not sure if anyone answered your question on the Day 1 portion of "just observation". It is up to the supervisor on how to proceed. If there is something major that needs to be corrected they need to correct it. Some like to observe - some like to correct methods as they go.

Dill - great posts! You sum it up on the safety portion with speed... If they want you to drive faster - hand them the keys! I LOVE IT!!

As a driver... If you don't think it can be done, ask the supervisor to demonstrate it to you.

Soberups hit a key point as well. The driver is responsible, and you should only drive as fast as conditions will allow. If you are sand bagging it will be pretty obvious and I would instruct a supervisor to demonstrate the proper way to do it.

Tie - I got to agree with you on NI1. Something isn't right. I would NEVER waste one of my supervisors days on someone who is under-allowed. If it is a 9.5 problem than work it out with the driver. Why in the hell would you want to piss off a driver who is under-allowed?? Absolutely does not make any sense????!!

Also, he said that management "tightened" up the area and took stops off of him. With the low amount of delivery stops that are out there today, how do you do this without it being obvious? . ... Not sure we are getting the whole picture on this.

browniehound

The 3 day ride has been a drain on UPS resources more than anything else in my very humble opinion. I understand that I have zero knowledge to management goals that obtain to its drivers. I don't know what the ''center team'' needs to accomplish to make money.

I know what happens when it comes to my route. My job is to deliver every parcel on my package car using the methods. Its a very simple task. I feel like I can do it more efficently than 100 percent of the people on this planet.

If you send my boss out with me, I can probably do it faster. It would only be a miniscule gain though. I'm sorry, I got off track.

Here is my thesis. You bust the drivers balls to obtain a small documented gain in production. Its a simply a waste of resoures.

Lets say he proved an extra 2 stops per hour. For this to happen, the driver would have to be in cruches. It can't happen. You're looking more for a .2 or .3. Please follow me for a second.

UPS wants to pays its SUPS. for three days or 700 hundred dollars to get an extra .2 or .3 SPOHR from its drivers who are actually MAKING the SPOHR and MONEY.

Why do they go through something that can't be enforced. It can't be enforced. I've never seen or heard of a driver being fired for production. Its just not going to happen. Why committ the man power at 700 dollars every 3 days for nothing in return..question mark..