3 day ride and my experience

They tried to do a three day ride with me once some years back. The first night, the sup and I returned to the building at 9:30pm. Never did have the other two days.......

tieguy

Banned
So answer me this 'Sir'

If you are a supe or whatever your title is. What are you doing in a forum this early? you called in? arent you suppose to be dispatching or managing your center?

Dear me it appears someone has thier cockles up. In fact SIR ups has many different functions with many different people working many different hours. Not all of us are blessed with day jobs though my job occasionally allows me that privledge.

When you say 'slack off' what does that mean? does that mean drivers who 'you think' doesnt come up with the numbers according to UPS?

when I used that phrase I was referring to what many hard working ups drivers call those who they feel are not as hard working. If you're going to get huffy with me then at least try to pay attention to what I said.

How are you going to tell me, a 15 year driver, who has never been in the office EVER (besides representing other drivers on occasion), had 2 routes in the center this center in the last 5 years, and did those routes effectively to the point that I was being over dispatched by 20-30 everyday.+++Before I continue YES I was allowing them to overdispatch me because the stops the route has is so tight and easy that I can pull it off and go home to my family in a decent time.+++ .... Showed up to work everyday! Then I got a new route that started NICE and gradually became a nightmare.

How am I going to tell you what? It appears you started to ask a question there and then got off on a tangent. If you're referencing my previous question then its real simple. They OJS you for performance. They OJS you because they feel you should be doing a better job. The rest of your rant is a comon theme. All of us are asked to do more today then we were asked to do yesterday. Welcome to big brown.

I opted "in" in January. In constant communication with my center manager who is aware of my problems in the route, kept doing my job under the trust to what the boss has said "I will fix it" 5 months later the route has become worst! so that leave me without a choice but to file 9.5... Are you telling me that "I" wasnt doing anything right that is why I am getting this attention? and all of a sudden my 'methods' is not right? be honest tie guy, whats the deal here?

I am telling you that there is a realistic possibility that your boss feels you are not doing the job the right way. Thus the OJS. Thus the question as to why they were selecting you for a very time consuming OJS ride.

oh btw...why does it keep showing up that I am under time while I punched out at 8:30? great system right?

Don't know are you telling me you are running better then scratch on your route?

NI1

meh.... my 3 day ride ended and he cant say anything. I did my job and it came to the point that he is slowing me down. I gave him the numbers that I usually give them and he saw it first hand!

tieguy - and for your info I told my CR that I want him to ride with me so he can see my route. is that good enough? or you want to still point it out to me that all of us are doing things wrong? You see, If you were my center manager you will probably walk away too and turn red just because you know that you got nothing on me. Simple as that.

DS

Fenderbender
SuperSup is the new ups.I am starting to like his posts.He may sound sarcastic,well at first I hoped ,but he really believes this stuff.God bless him.
Tieguy is ghandi next to this young fella.
He does not post often,he is off doing overall production cleansing in Salt lake or Dallas to get rid of the flotsam and jetsom .Or maybe gunning for a center manager position in Omaha.Who really knows.
Aint it great to be alive~

tieguy

Banned
meh.... my 3 day ride ended and he cant say anything. I did my job and it came to the point that he is slowing me down. I gave him the numbers that I usually give them and he saw it first hand!

tieguy - and for your info I told my CR that I want him to ride with me so he can see my route. is that good enough? or you want to still point it out to me that all of us are doing things wrong? You see, If you were my center manager you will probably walk away too and turn red just because you know that you got nothing on me. Simple as that.

You're a little bit dense aren't you. The point I am making is that for whatever reason you were selected for a three day OJS ride. Which means your boss has that perception.

NI1

You're a little bit dense aren't you. The point I am making is that for whatever reason you were selected for a three day OJS ride. Which means your boss has that perception.

blah.... I just told you why! He has no reason to think that simply because I gvie him his numbers. and how can you explain me punching out at 9 and I am still under time? NOT OVER ,UNDER. Explain that

NI1

Just what i thought! no explination because there isnt!

UPS just need to stop looking for someone to blame whenever confronted.

later

tieguy

Banned
blah.... I just told you why! He has no reason to think that simply because I gvie him his numbers. and how can you explain me punching out at 9 and I am still under time? NOT OVER ,UNDER. Explain that

I think the more you post here the more Insight I recieve into your being selected.

NI1

I think the more you post here the more Insight I recieve into your being selected.

explain? you dont study drivers like me in management school. Its simple, I do my job, I give them their number and still after the 3rd day (today) all I got was, "you have good method, and you are flawless" its funny because I did not hear anything about me driving 'slow' after I filled for harrasment. LMAO

tieguy

Banned
explain? you dont study drivers like me in management school. Its simple, I do my job, I give them their number and still after the 3rd day (today) all I got was, "you have good method, and you are flawless" its funny because I did not hear anything about me driving 'slow' after I filled for harrasment. LMAO

My friend the brown cafe experience is whatever you want to make it. If you want me to believe you're recieving a three day OJS because you're running better then scratch then I guess thats what you are.

My perception is your answers have been selectively evasive and your responses a little too on the defensive for someone doing a good job.

But the good news is you are what you want to be here at the old BC. So keep on doing a good job hammer.

NI1

My friend the brown cafe experience is whatever you want to make it. If you want me to believe you're recieving a three day OJS because you're running better then scratch then I guess thats what you are.

My perception is your answers have been selectively evasive and your responses a little too on the defensive for someone doing a good job.

But the good news is you are what you want to be here at the old BC. So keep on doing a good job hammer.

First of all, I am not your friend.

Yes, I am doing a good job and they know it. I filled for 9.5 and the following week I am getting this so called 3 day ride to find fault on my end. Well guess what, they did not find any and I am going to get paid. Its a free country believe it or not, I could care less. Facts wont change...

tieguy

Banned
First of all, I am not your friend.

Yes, I am doing a good job and they know it. I filled for 9.5 and the following week I am getting this so called 3 day ride to find fault on my end. Well guess what, they did not find any and I am going to get paid. Its a free country believe it or not, I could care less. Facts wont change...

thats what I'm trying to say hammer they ojs'd you for running a buck under. You da man.

NI1

thats what I'm trying to say hammer they ojs'd you for running a buck under. You da man.

And you havent responded that while I did my 9.5 I have records that showed that I punched out at 930 on several occasions and STILL I am under. So tell me, how is ups going to justify that?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
And you havent responded that while I did my 9.5 I have records that showed that I punched out at 930 on several occasions and STILL I am under. So tell me, how is ups going to justify that?

Don't get upset NI1. Life is way too short. Just do a good job and continue filing. Changes to get you a "fair days work" don't happen overnight, anyhow. especially with this damn co. ;D

I don't know why some management want to always make it the drivers fault or his "bad performance" when they receive the 3 day OJS.
It's pretty simple really, most drivers that file over 9.5 grievances get the OJS automatically and the sup is supposed to find the driver at fault to attempt to show that the allowances are correct, regardless of reality.
The talk about how fast you drive or how fast you walk are just buzz phrases that are used to show they are "working" with the drivers poor methods even if there is no real problem.
The loads are tweeked before start time (either by the OC doing the OJS or the PT sup) to make it a near perfect load. The heavy bulk stops are removed, the apartment complexes are removed and tight stop dense residentials are added.
For some reason management wants to denie this takes place, but I know I have seen it happen several times to other drivers.
The fact is, UPS wants all drivers working over 9.5 everyday and they don't want to pay the contractual triple time for excessive overtime. The mindset is, OK if we have to pay you the triple time we are going to make your life misserable for at least three days and do our best to lock you into a higher SPORH.
What I find funny is that the company harps on over/under allowed like it comes straight from the bible until a driver that is running scratch or better and still able to file O/9.5s. Then magiclly the O/U doesn't matter, only the SPORH matters. I'm pretty sure this is not how the system is supposed to work, but damn sure is how the company tries to make it work. The really sad part is, the union (in our area) is too weak or too "in bed" with the company to make it work as it should. This allows for harrasment, over supervision and weak contract enforcement.

NI1

Well, its friday....with that TGIF! Have a great friday everyone

I believe tieguy is going to violate yet another rule in the contract. Then turn around and blame the drivers why he did what he did. Dont touch those packages 'sir'....LOL

tieguy

Banned
Well, its Friday....with at TGIF! Have a great friday everyone

I believe tieguy is going to violate yet another rule in the contract. Then turn around and blame the drivers why he did what he did. Dont touch those packages 'sir'....LOL

Tieguy has not violated any articles of the contract. Tieguy asked you why you got a three day OJS you then told me it was recognition for running under plan. you finally got around to the point you felt it was retaliation for your over 9.5 grievance. Its a good excuse here. Generally as soon as you say waa waa waa management is picking on me you will then get a some guys to come running to you to tell you its not your fault. Its apparently important to your Psyche that you believe you are a great guy being picked on therefore enjoy your pity party.

tieguy

Banned
I don't know why some management want to always make it the drivers fault or his "bad performance" when they receive the 3 day OJS.
It's pretty simple really, most drivers that file over 9.5 grievances get the OJS automatically and the sup is supposed to find the driver at fault to attempt to show that the allowances are correct, regardless of reality.
Read and think about what this guy is telling us. This poster claims he is exceeding his planned production which I take as his claim that he is running better then scratch. If that is the case a center manager is not going to waste a resource ;his supervisor for three day OJS ride when the guy is already giving him good production.

Something does not add up here. Turn the same critical eye you apply to management posters here to what this guy is telling you.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Read and think about what this guy is telling us. This poster claims he is exceeding his planned production which I take as his claim that he is running better then scratch. If that is the case a center manager is not going to waste a resource ;his supervisor for three day OJS ride when the guy is already giving him good production.

Something does not add up here. Turn the same critical eye you apply to management posters here to what this guy is telling you.

UPS not waste resources? Unheard of.