Bring on the concessions!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This coming from someone who lives in the "dirty south".....have a friend who lived in Arkansas and even a few years ago couldn't walk down the street with his white girlfriend because hes black...I doubt it's any different in Georgia ...
Northern bigots don't bother me and I live in Atlanta where blacks outnumber whites and here it is a black person walking down the street with his/her white spouse or other.

We welcome reprobates like you from the 70's to the 2010's.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
PT'ers don't care about themselves.... Let's start with that and maybe going to a union meeting...
So the Teamster's don't care about their dues paying members unless they vote?

That goes back to my original post to which you tried to reply. (see below)

I guess ... that attitude is what kept blacks from working and eating with Whites until the 1950's.

Maybe it's not bigotry but it is morally reprehensible and drivers don't care about the part-timers.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Northern bigots don't bother me and I live in Atlanta where blacks outnumber whites and here it is a black person walking down the street with his/her spouse or other.

We welcome reprobates like you from the 70's to the 2010's.
So nobody would blink an eye if you were walking down the street with a black woman...how about in Mississippi or Alabama...how about that???

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So nobody would blink an eye if you were walking down the street with a black woman...how about in Mississippi or Alabama...how about that???
I don't know ... I don't speculate about things I don't know especially when all I know is outdated stereotyping and not-recent history.

The North was not such a great place for a black person 50 years ago either ... better opportunity though I believe.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So the Teamster's don't care about their dues paying members unless they vote?

That goes back to my original post to which you tried to reply. (see below)
I've seen the BA in our hubs batting for pt'ers many times... The union cares about pt'ers more than the company does....how many years has starting pay been 8.50... The company can raise it if they wanted....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't know ... I don't speculate about things I don't know especially when all I know is outdated stereotyping and not-recent history.

The North was not such a great place for a black person 50 years ago either ... better opportunity though I believe.
blacks do much better out west that's where many of them headed after the civil war...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Really ... did not know that.
Makes sense after thinking about it.
Good for them.

So it didn't really matter to them when Obama got elected?
i don't think Obama has done anything for blacks....very little. I don't think Obama and Mrs Obama are ghetto blacks...much more educated...more educated than 90% of southern whites also so go figure

Catatonic

Nine Lives
i don't think Obama has done anything for blacks....very little. I don't think Obama and Mrs Obama are ghetto blacks...much more educated...more educated than 90% of southern whites also so go figure
Just goes to show that no matter how much intelligence and education you wrap around a flawed concept, it is still a flawed concept.

Last edited:

10 point

I've seen the BA in our hubs batting for pt'ers many times... The union cares about pt'ers more than the company does....how many years has starting pay been 8.50... The company can raise it if they wanted....
Are you sure that the company sets the pt hourly wage? Or any wage?
Is it divided up by the union?
I've heard otherwise. Is this correct?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are you sure that the company sets the pt hourly wage? Or any wage?
Is it divided up by the union?
I've heard otherwise. Is this correct?
That was my understanding.
UPS lays out a financial package at the beginning of negotiations and then the Teamster negotiators decide how it is split up.
Benefits, Pension contributions and wages are decided by the Teamster negotiators.

If you don't know me, I detest how part-timers are treated at UPS at the behest of the drivers input to negotiations.
I happen to be with one of the chief UPS negotiators at dinner one night and this part-time wages conversation came up and this is what he explained to me and the others.
I must admit that was 20 years ago.

Last edited: