California

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
$68-billion California bullet train project likely to overshoot budget and deadline targets

However, a Times analysis of project documents, as well as interviews with scientists, engineers and construction experts, indicates that the deadline and budget targets will almost certainly be missed — and that the state has underestimated the challenges ahead, particularly completing the tunneling on time.

"It doesn't strike me as realistic," said James Monsees, one of the world's top tunneling experts and an author of the federal manual on highway tunneling. "Faults are notorious for causing trouble."

MAKAVELI

been there, done that.......anyone building there, living there, waste of time, money and lives.......the train people should study this.
Why do you think we're so interested in Mars and exploring there now. Our endeavors to the moon made that possible. You really are small minded aren't you?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why do you think we're so interested in Mars and exploring there now. Our endeavors to the moon made that possible. You really are small minded aren't you?
I don't plan to be visiting outer space, do you? Maybe I was jaded by the Jetsons.....still waiting for those flying cars.
If small minded means sensible, then yes.

MAKAVELI

I don't plan to be visiting outer space, do you? Maybe I was jaded by the Jetsons.....still waiting for those flying cars.
If small minded means sensible, then yes.
I imagine the same sensible people said it was impossible to fly before we had airplanes. Well here's your flying car.

rod

Retired 22 years
I see the Teslas were rated real low in reliability. Seems like they have lots of squeeks and rattles and doors and windows that don't shut properly. Also it sounds like the batteries aren't lasting like they should and that is a MAJOR expense.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I see the Teslas were rated real low in reliability. Seems like they have lots of squeeks and rattles and doors and windows that don't shut properly. Also it sounds like the batteries aren't lasting like they should and that is a MAJOR expense.
The car is too much of a major expense by itself.......neighbors have an $80,000 plus sticker on theirs. It's pretty to look at....that's the only positive thing I have to say about it.