Car and Bike Talk

Mr.Golden

Seen this on route yesterday

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1451051875.201811.jpg
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1451051901.586857.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
My son just bought a totally trashed rustbucket 69 Chevelle convertible. He had a 68 he completely restored but sold it a couple of years ago. This one will take tons of work to fix up.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My son just bought a totally trashed rustbucket 69 Chevelle convertible. He had a 68 he completely restored but sold it a couple of years ago. This one will take tons of work to fix up.
Props for supporting the aftermarket restoration parts industry. Good luck on it. Why sell the last one?

oldngray

nowhere special
Props for supporting the aftermarket restoration parts industry. Good luck on it. Why sell the last one?

No idea. He has restored several cars and sold. Usually for less than the money he spent on them. All GM. Mostly late 60's muscle cars. Preferably convertibles. Not much left available to buy now. Either too expensive or a piece of junk.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
He works at Jegs and knows a lot of other car guys. They all help each other out with what they do best so his main cost will be parts and the time to do all the work.
Soon after I get my shop built I plan on making Sunday afternoons like a guys day. 4-5 of us get together and work on our projects every Sunday.

clean hairy

That was real smart! (NOT!)
Givem plenty of time to get your plate # and putting lives of others at risk? STUUUPID!
No matter how fast the car, the radio and helicopter cannot be outrun, and spike strips will sure ruin your day as well!
Of course driving like that should result in running out of gas in short order.
Wonder after he got caught if his roommate in prison might have thought he was kinda pretty?

oldngray

nowhere special
1650-hp 1970 Dodge Charger Restomod

1450114086-speedkore-performance-tantrum.jpg

A roll cage has been fitted and integrated with the structure for reasons that will seem obvious when you learn what's under the hood.

That is a DOHC, 9.0-liter twin-turbocharged Mercury Racing V-8 churning out a massive 1650 horsepower. Yeah, that's Mercury Marine as in the boat engine builder. Even after making its way through a Tremec six-speed manual transmission and massive, Ford-sourced rear differential, that's more than enough power to vaporize the Tantrum's 345-series rear Michelins in seconds. Incidentally, fitting that huge engine required that much of the car's underlying structure, including the frame rails and floorboards, be redesigned as well.

gallery-1450114381-speedkore-performance-tantrum-3.jpg

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...rger-has-been-turned-into-a-1650-hp-supercar/