Car and Bike Talk

MAKAVELI

Here is a clip from Top Gear, Jeremy shows what is involved with making batteries for Hybrid and electric cars.
Jump ahead to 3:20 to hear him explain it, or if you are a Top Gear fan, the entire segment is 6:30 in length.
The last part of the segment, Jeremy shows how a BMW M3 burns less fuel than a Toyota Prius.
Enjoy!

That's not a fair comparison. The M3 was drafting off the Prius.;)

clean hairy

That's not a fair comparison. The M3 was drafting off the Prius.;)
Sure it is.
Drive a Prius as if you are in a race, you get less MPG than if you drive a BMW M3 sensibly.
This shows what Jeremy said in his last sentence.
"It is not what you drive, it is how you drive it"
Still love Richard Hammonds reaction "So, if you want to save gas, you should buy a BMW M3????

MAKAVELI

Oh great-----another Fix Or Repair Daily. Pay extra for cruise control? I don't think so.
The people who buy this car probably couldn't care less about cruise control. It's basically a factory rally car. The big difference between this RS and the ST is more power and all wheel drive.

rod

Retired 22 years
I have to admit I've seen every minute of Barrett-Jackson so far this year. Thank god for my DVR. Fast forward like hell and stop only on things I'm interested in. A person can only watch so many Corvettes, GTO's, Camaro's and Mustangs before they all start looking the same. Anyone have any favorites? I thought that group of three old Corvettes (55,56,57) they auctioned off as a set (all VIN # 1's) was interesting. I thought 1.6 million was a low for the 3 of them. One more night of watching left.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I have to admit I've seen every minute of Barrett-Jackson so far this year. Thank god for my DVR. Fast forward like hell and stop only on things I'm interested in. A person can only watch so many Corvettes, GTO's, Camaro's and Mustangs before they all start looking the same. Anyone have any favorites? I thought that group of three old Corvettes (55,56,57) they auctioned off as a set (all VIN # 1's) was interesting. I thought 1.6 million was a low for the 3 of them. One more night of watching left.

I watched a little this afternoon. Looks like the bottom has fallen out of the muscle car market.

That GTO Judge went pretty cheap.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
back in 1975 i looked at a 1970 mustang mach 1 with a 428cj in mint condition for 1200 dollars. was concerned about gas mileage so bought a 69VW instead.

back in those days you could buy just about any muscle car for around 1500 bucks.

clean hairy

There was a Chrysler Product I passed on around 1978.
It had minor puffs of blue smoke coming out the tailpipes when you stomped on it, and the trans slipped a bit.
The guy wanted 1grand for it.
He would not take my offer of $800.
Did not know that car with the huge spoiler on the back and the sloped nose would be worth big bux one day as is.
YUP, I passed on a Superbird! (But did not know what it was at the time)

rod

Retired 22 years
There was a Chrysler Product I passed on around 1978.
It had minor puffs of blue smoke coming out the tailpipes when you stomped on it, and the trans slipped a bit.
The guy wanted 1grand for it.
He would not take my offer of $800.
Did not know that car with the huge spoiler on the back and the sloped nose would be worth big bux one day as is.
YUP, I passed on a Superbird! (But did not know what it was at the time)

ouch

oldngray

nowhere special
When I see something like this it almost makes me want to cry.

random-pictures-12.jpg

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I watched a little this afternoon. Looks like the bottom has fallen out of the muscle car market.

That GTO Judge went pretty cheap.
My buddy had a rare 1960's muscle car completely restored ( by him) that he sold a couple years ago for a HUGE profit....but he still regrets selling it , even though he won't admit it....

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I fast forward till I see
one I really like , or any mopar;)