COD's

DS

Fenderbender
I leave all COD packages in the morning to my regular pickups and collect the check when I pickup. I don't see it as dishonest, it's called providing a service and saving time. .
Are you new? That practice will eventually come back and bite you in the a@@ buddy.Its not the dishonesty on your part of which I speak.Its the customers stupidity that I question.If they promise you a check and the
boss forgets,are you going to pay it and have him pay you back?

Overpaid Union Thug

The sad part about the COD situation is that UPS calls people beforehand now to let them know a COD will be delivered that day. I use to show a little sympathy and come back later with the package if I had time. Don't do it anymore. They ordered the thing.......... they know its coming in COD. Get off yer butt and get a check ready or come find me!

People have no conception of the time schedule we are on. They don't like to have to redo their schedule but they don't mind asking you to redo yours. Same thing goes with apartment deliveries. I have two colleges in the town I deliver in. These kids can order more crap on Mom and Dads credit cards than you can imagine. Center is always messaging me if I can go back to redeliver. I finally told them not to ask me anymore. The kids know I am not leaving a pkg. unless they are there to sign for it. Nothing unusual for me to bring back 10 paid send agains a day.

I'm so sick of people not being prepared with CODs. I'm not sure UPS calls all of them that are expecting CODs because there are more customers unprepared than there are ready with the checks or money orders in hand. I do realize that some people don't write the checks before hand because some of the shippers fails to, or is unable to, give them the correct amount that includes the shipping price. But that shouldn't stop the customer from making sure they have their check book handy for when we arrive with the package. Lately I've had allot of businesses (mainly custom auto shops) order NDAs and Savers that are CODs and the only people that can write the checks are out and have the check books with them. The people in the shop want me to wait because "I'm calling him...he should be here in a few minutes.." I don't play that game though and it pisses them off. When I tell them I will be back tomorrow they say that they really need the part today. The other day I just couldn't resist the urge anymore and finally said "If you needed it that bad then you guys would have had the check ready before hand." I expected a concern on that one but it didn't happen.

OMS Queen

A driver at my center left a COD with a customer with the intent of picking up a check during pick ups. Driver returned, customer said they didn't want the package after all, package was RTS'd. Later, turned out customer removed the merchandise and replaced it with phone books...driver had to reimburse UPS over $4000.

Hangingon

This is in reference to sheeting packages as damaged. We've been told in our center to sheet them up as inspect (on our DIAD it's the second page, letter R I think) instead so that when customers check on line for status that evening they will not assume that is was RTS'ed.

upsgrunt

We were always told to NEVER deliver a pkg that we thought was damaged. I like this because you would have to go back to pick it up the next day if it was and that costs money and is bad PR.

Griff

Are you new? That practice will eventually come back and bite you in the a@@ buddy.Its not the dishonesty on your part of which I speak.Its the customers stupidity that I question.If they promise you a check and the
boss forgets,are you going to pay it and have him pay you back?

You can play the "what if" game all night long if you want. I've had your little example happen before, they give me the box back and I void the package in Edit and put it in as NM1. Tomorrow is another day...

I'm so dishonest, clearly I should be fired.

BigBrownSanta

I have a guy in my center that does that also, except he was born and lives on area and knows everyone. He also takes cash for cod packages, but he "charges" a small fee for doing so.