Coming in over-allowed

averageguy

So I've been coming in over-allowed lately because my loads have been pretty horrible, I get ridden for it every morning which doesn't bother me. But what struck me as odd was that on Friday morning my center manager said that he could discipline me for it. What I'm trying to understand is that how is it fair to discipline someone for coming in over allowed when my truck is blown out and my businesses are three times as heavy as usual because of bulk stops?

Or is he just blowing smoke to try and get me to work faster?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Bobble head nod and move on. He can write you up for anything but that don't make it valid. It just so happens not meeting their Candyland made up figures ain't one of them.

JackStraw

Just blowing smoke. Stay confident your doing the job,even suggest to 'em to ride you. I fyour loads are as bad as you say they are, they won't. Doesn't do them any good to ride you if your not going to give 'em numbers. Ignore it.

U

uber

Some routes are impossible to run scratch. There's this one route that I cover that I can do flawlessly and still come in over/allowed. I think the whole thing is kind of a joke unless you are way over allowed.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
He cant discipline you for the mere fact of being Over allowed. Having said that you would be very well served in doing the job exactly by the methods,run your route as close to 100% in trace as you can and observe ALL of the safety rules.(driving the speed limit,few backs,walk only in designated walkways etc) and write down any delays or occurences(misloads being run,having to meet other drivers etc) that are out of the ordinary so that when you are questioned with a telematics map you can have answers readily available.
Be prepared to be accused of laying down on the job and questioned everyday . It's one thing to accuse you of laying down on the job and quite another to prove it.

​If you take shortcuts and EFF up you WILL face discipline,so do the job right and make them show you where you are losing time

averageguy

That's exactly what I was trying to tell him, for instance:

One route that I cover has it's last pickup at 5pm, I can usually knock the route out, and be on my way "back" to the building by 4:45pm. Even with that I'll still come anywhere from .50 to .95 over allowed. I just don't understand what the point of riding someone who already works hard..

Oh well, as long as I know it's not something that I can get fired for I'm good.

UPSGUY72

Just follow the methods. Don't run around like a a-hole trying to make there numbers work your going to end up getting hurt and or they will be following you around and writing you up for not follow the methods... They can't write you up for productions issues they will harass you with idle threats to try to get you to do something that they can write you up for... Don't get into a pissing match with them, Do make sure that there is a steward there when they threaten to discipline your for productions issues....

wgf46

The UNION DOES NOT recognize production standards. We recognize and honest days pay for an honest days work. And SAFETY FIRST !!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
He is just trying to intimidate you into working thru your lunch and breaks in order to meet an impossible "standard".

The more drivers he is able to screw out of a lunch, the better he looks on a report. The better he looks on the report, the bigger his MIP bonus will be at the end of the year. You work for free and he gets the money. Its a scam, the same one the company has been running for over 40 years now, and the sooner you get wise to it the happier you will be.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm over by 50-100 units almost daily. It is what is. Any sup who has questioned me I have welcomed them to please ride with me and show me how to do it better. It gets left alone.
But on another note, there has only been 1 week of work so far this month and I have had virtual OJS's done on me 2 of those days already. Another one and I will grieving for harassment as per my business agent.

averageguy

I'm over by 50-100 units almost daily. It is what is. Any sup who has questioned me I have welcomed them to please ride with me and show me how to do it better. It gets left alone.
But on another note, there has only been 1 week of work so far this month and I have had virtual OJS's done on me 2 of those days already. Another one and I will grieving for harassment as per my business agent.

What can they gather from a virtual OJS that they can't from a printout of your stop completes for the day?

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I've been question about my over allowed a lot lately, every morning I get love notes in my mail slot about paid over, the most paid over stops and etc. I hate that you cant even go to the bath room with out being question about it the next day.
Oh well like I tell my sup “ I'm like a wheel barrel the heavier it is the slower it goes”. If they wanted to be fair about the planed day they would weight the PKG cars on the way out.