detroit bankruptcy affecting UPS drivers?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by brownlif23, Jul 22, 2013.

1. brownlif23

brownlif23 New Member

in light of the bankruptcy how is ups driver doing in the city ?? are they working more hours or less??
  2. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

detroit bankruptcy

Isn't TDU out of Detroit? I see a common theme.
  3. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Should be less deliveries to be made. If there is no money then they can't buy stuff.
  4. Drug dealers have all kinda cash to buy stuff. they don't need a job!!!!
  5. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

Hoffa lives in the Detroit area as well....
  6. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

And they need a new phone at least every week.
  7. Hoffa can stay there or go tell hell his choice. Im not voting for that sell out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! P.S. take hall with you...we don't want him either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. You got that right..Thanx for ordering all those next day air cell phones!!! Keeps my paychecks a cashing!
  9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Does Orion factor in abandon drug houses as stops?
  10. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

If Detroit has all this empty housing & needs more residents the most honorable solution would be to mandate that any new immigrants created under obuma's EO decree be required to move there .
    Let them experience the true hardships that many past generations of immigrants overcame .
  11. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Yea but you don't get a good time allowance.
  12. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I wonder if the pension is invested in Detroit bonds?
  13. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

That is rumored to be the plan. Let the new non illegals have all the foreclosed houses for free.
  14. stink219

stink219 Well-Known Member

Used to. That's where he grew up. Now lives in DC.
  15. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

His primary residence remains in suburban Detroit. A quick Google search yields the exact address, and that his wife was actively involved in the community but less so recently (I assume age).
  16. Squint

Squint No more work for me!

Detroit has enough abandoned houses to fill the city of San Francisco. Just a fact, that's all...
  17. bigblu 2 you

bigblu 2 you Active Member

he had a farm outside the city at one time.
  18. bigblu 2 you

Re: detroit bankruptcy

this would be a great opportunity for paff,and tdu scam headquarters to step in and offer help.wont likely happen.
  19. bigblu 2 you

the regulations on coal and the mining industry has greatly effected my area.our volume has dropped and with ups increasing our stops per car,and the increase in surepost.we have cut out 2 runs in a 10 car center.our local towns look abandoned and merchants are struggling also.this is a predominate democratic area that supported obama and the dream has backfired.
  20. laffter

laffter Active Member

Dealing drugs is "harder" and more dangerous than what you do. Self-employment is still employment.