Friendly reminder

Insaneasylum

So you go home and refuse work every day when it's not in feeders? I call BS. So you don't take the hub work because it'll bump maybe a pre senior employee out of work? I call BS.

Basically you want to work feeders every day even though you're on the bottom and if you can't, you want the top feeder guys to stop being selfish and let you work feeders every day? And you won't work inside to get your guarantee every time there is no feeder work? Does that sum it up?

Hi Mr entitlement.

I'm not entitled to any thing never said I was. And I never pass on work. You guys keep acting like I'm only worried about myself. I am worried that in the future we all get screwed. Because we can't see beyond our own nose. I don't hate people for waking there jobs and working there full week. That was never the point. The whole point of this post was that if you forget about the guys at the bottom, they will forget about you in the future.

Johney

That's the one huge issue with the new breed coming in. They don't want to pay dues or put in their time. WE ALL HAVE. We all went through progression, days without routes, work or anything.

But hey let's all take tomorrow off so the rookie can work. Because one day he might screw us on retirement? Get the :censored2: outta here with that BS.

The OP should put in his dues and respect the rights of the guys before him for that work just like he will get when he reaches top rate etc.

But I'm sure he will go home 3 days a week when he's the top feeder driver so the newer guys can work out of the goodness of his heart.
Here's where I call BS for sure. There is NO way in hell a feeder guy would lose pay to let someone work. I've never seen a bigger bunch of money whores in my life as top senior feeder drivers.

Insaneasylum

To the OP are you an off the street hire into Feeders?

Yes I got lucky and was hired into feeders. And I'm not part of the new generation. A littler older then that. Let's just say when I bump in to the hub have around 15 yrs on the kids down there. Also I'm Not saying I should have your jobs. Or that you should let me work. But how bout when it comes contract time instead of .80-1$ a year raises. We make sure everyone has there Health care and people going to retire have there pensions.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I'm not entitled to any thing never said I was. And I never pass on work. You guys keep acting like I'm only worried about myself. I am worried that in the future we all get screwed. Because we can't see beyond our own nose. I don't hate people for waking there jobs and working there full week. That was never the point. The whole point of this post was that if you forget about the guys at the bottom, they will forget about you in the future.
But that's not what you implied. You implied you weren't working at all to even qualify for health benefits for the week.

How about this? Just do your job every day and never turn down work.

If you're so concerned for the future, then run for office in the union and address the problem.

Or better yet, voters have contract and election.

Nobody has "forgotten " about the guys with less seniority. But nobody should give up their right to work that they earned so they can work a classification they think they deserve.

Put in your time and pay your dues. And when your time comes, take it.

rod

Retired 22 years
Here's where I call BS for sure. There is NO way in hell a feeder guy would lose pay to let someone work. I've never seen a bigger bunch of money whores in my life as top senior feeder drivers.

Every senior feeder driver I ever knew got his 60 hours a week in (one way or the other). We used to laugh at some of our guys if they had a half hour left to get their 12 hours in----if they moved any slower they would be going backwards. Their log books looked like works of art.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Yes I got lucky and was hired into feeders. And I'm not part of the new generation. A littler older then that. Let's just say when I bump in to the hub have around 15 yrs on the kids down there. Also I'm Not saying I should have your jobs. Or that you should let me work. But how bout when it comes contract time instead of .80-1$ a year raises. We make sure everyone has there Health care and people going to retire have there pensions.
First off, you're an off the street hire and you're complaining?? Seriously?? How about you shut up now and consider yourself very lucky because you are the exception not the rule. Most guys wait 20 plus years to be in your position. A lot of those high senior guys you want to give you work weren't off the street. Most did PT and package longer than you can imagine.

Second, everyone does get healthcare and raises. Some have to go through progression for it. I get it that you're not familiar with that being off the street hire but some people put in way more time waiting then you have. That's the way the contract and ups has always worked.

542thruNthru

Everytime I see people write the same old "if the part timers voted" it makes me think about another time people voted and oh wait.... the union didn't care and imposed the contract anyways.

I have a feeling part timers could vote in record numbers and they would still get the shaft.

Insaneasylum

Ok so come contract time how would you vote. Let's just say .40-.50 cent raises move health care back to today's a month and secure pensions. Or 1$ raises less health care and ups didn't have to take care of past retirees.

Insaneasylum

First off, you're an off the street hire and you're complaining?? Seriously?? How about you shut up now and consider yourself very lucky because you are the exception not the rule. Most guys wait 20 plus years to be in your position. A lot of those high senior guys you want to give you work weren't off the street. Most did PT and package longer than you can imagine.

Second, everyone does get healthcare and raises. Some have to go through progression for it. I get it that you're not familiar with that being off the street hire but some people put in way more time waiting then you have. That's the way the contract and ups has always worked.

Just because I came off the street doesn't mean I haven't done :censored2:. Because what I hear most guys complain about that have never worked any where else don't have a clue what it's like out there?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

The people at top can only vote on what is in the contract. You would have had us strike over going from three years to a four year progression for top pay?
Counting my part time years do you know how long it took me to reach top pay? 13 years.
Instead of being upset with the people who have sweated, worked through injuries, worked through crappy weather conditions, worked through harassment from management to build the company up. Get upset with the low senority people who do not participate in the union process. Don't go to the meetings, don't enforce their rights and allow part time supervisors to work and not hire more employees. Work through break on package car, so that less routes are put on. If a strike was called would you honor it? We did.

542thruNthru

Just because I came off the street doesn't mean I haven't done :censored2:. Because what I hear most guys complain about that have never worked any where else don't have a clue what it's like out there?

How long you been with the company? I had to work part time for 12 years before going fulltime. Now I don't like the contract but I waited and worked long enough that I shouldn't have to worry about a guy that's hired off the street to do the cushy job who feels he should be working as many hours as me.

Sorry man but you will get no sympathy here.