Future of UPS

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
you said double their size.... That would mean we would have 600,000 employees. Not too bright are you ?
Employees mean jack squat. Who measures by employees?

Revenue and no we aren't double their size anymore I see.

You're arguing on sheer size and you need to be looking at things like revenue and profit margins.

Browndriver5

You're arguing on sheer size and you need to be looking at things like revenue and profit margins.

You just said....we are more profitable because we are double their size...then I post a number and it's not quite double the size of fed ex so you back your argument up and say "who measures a company by employee size?" Damn I see why a route is still hard for you after 10 years

Last edited by a moderator:

Brownslave688

Atlanta is well aware of that. Ponder that as you consider the future of UPS.
Atlanta is also well aware of the fact that there is no way they get the same production for $15 an hour. So how much more would they really make.

Also are there 200k more DOT qualified drivers willing to do it for that little?

Browndriver5

Our profit margins are not that far off. They made 46b and profited 2 billion. We made 58 b and profited 3b. So if we payed full time drivers 15$ an hour with no insurance and part timers just worked for 11$ an he with no insurance. Then our numbers would look a whole lot better than theirs. Understand now?

Brownslave688

Are you a :censored2:in retarded? You just said....we are more profitable because we are double their size...then I post a number and it's not quite double the size of fed ex so you back your argument up and say "who measures a company by employee size?" Damn I see why a route is still hard for you after 10 years
We could have 8 million more employees than them and it wouldn't mean jack squat if we didn't profit.

You originally said WE MAKE A BILLION MORE DOLLARS PROFIT THAN THEM. Like its this big special thing. It's not. Look at profit MARGINS. That's where you get the big picture. No one gives a :censored2: about how many people each company employees.

Total packages. Revenue. Profit. Margins. That's all the things that matter.

bbsam

Staff member
Atlanta is also well aware of the fact that there is no way they get the same production for $15 an hour. So how much more would they really make.

Also are there 200k more DOT qualified drivers willing to do it for that little?
There will be when UPS trains them. I think they've started.

Brownslave688

Our profit margins are not that far off. They made 46b and profited 2 billion. We made 58 b and profited 3b. So if we payed full time drivers 15$ an hour with no insurance and part timers just worked for 11$ an he with no insurance. Then our numbers would look a whole lot better than theirs. Understand now?
Sure if you paid them
And got the exact same production out of them but that's fantasy land.

Brownslave688

There will be when UPS trains them. I think they've started.
They ain't doing it for $15 an hour.

If ups wants to drop their standards across the board sure maybe but what they will likely end up with is a bunch of people quitting a month or two in.

Browndriver5

If they dropped our pay everyone would go on strike and ups would be stuck because no matter what being a ups driver or employee + years you're almost guaranteed to find a job paying more than 15$ an hour. Hell I'll go work at McDonald's and be in a real Union lol

The Driver

I drive.
The stupidest thing this company did was follow Fed ex this year with full dimensional weight pricing. We were profitable before dim weight, and had the opportunity to not follow in their steps. We could have undercut Fed Ex on prices, big time, without raising rates. I am convinced corporate is run by a bunch of mongoloids.

And UPS management is thinking only one thing: "Where else will people turn to?" There's no way they weren't going to go to full dimensional weight pricing.

UPS Preloader

As much as I hate to say it. I must agree with Upstate on this one. UPS cannot continue to survive paying all drivers top rate. I forsee them starting all new drivers at a lower rate, say $18.75 per hour with annual increases after that. For those of you that say the union will never allow it, remember, that's exactly what they did with the part-timers. All they need to do is entice the part timers to vote it in. If they offered all part-timers a $1K-$2K bonus upon contract ratification I think the part-timers would show up in droves and throw the full-timers under the bus.

Browndriver5

As much as I hate to say it. I must agree with Upstate on this one. UPS cannot continue to survive paying all drivers top rate. I forsee them starting all new drivers at a lower rate, say $18.75 per hour with annual increases after that. For those of you that say the union will never allow it, remember, that's exactly what they did with the part-timers. All they need to do is entice the part timers to vote it in. If they offered all part-timers a $1K-$2K bonus upon contract ratification I think the part-timers would show up in droves and throw the full-timers under the bus.

I disagree a lot of part timers work for ups in hopes to be a driver one day. What's the point in waiting 10 years to make 18$ an hour?