Has management treated you like garbage since new contract got passed ?

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
My center is asking senior guys to take entire weeks off so they aren't forced to lay off the bottom 15 or so.

So far there haven't been any takers.
They put up a layoff sheet weekly here (they allow 5) so they can work some of the bottom guys. Every week it’s filled with the bottom seniority guys anyhow…..lol

My center is asking senior guys to take entire weeks off so they aren't forced to lay off the bottom 15 or so.

So far there haven't been any takers.
Layoffs shouldn't be a surprise, they were coming regardless of a new contract. They mass-hired to meet the needs of impossible parcel levels, knowing there would be some return toward the mean. Things will be short-term until peak, but watch what happens in February.

cynz

Wow, we barely have vending machines, they rip us off for years. Today No ice through out the building, were luck to get water bottles, since our buildings plumbing is horrible for the last 30 yrs. Pee has leaked into the offices over the years.
They are finally fixing the bathrooms, so we thought lol they are just patching the plumbing, and using laminated tile for the walls. The sinks look like cattle troughs. During this process they turn off the water whenever, never telling anyone in advance. A few inside employees got really overheated today.
NO ICE

muthatrucka

Wow, we barely have vending machines, they rip us off for years. Today No ice through out the building, were luck to get water bottles, since our buildings plumbing is horrible for the last 30 yrs. Pee has leaked into the offices over the years.
They are finally fixing the bathrooms, so we thought lol they are just patching the plumbing, and using laminated tile for the walls. The sinks look like cattle troughs. During this process they turn off the water whenever, never telling anyone in advance. A few inside employees got really overheated today.
NO ICE
I wish they would let our CEO walk through a real UPS building. Not a new automated perfect hub. Come walk through our offices with mice that hide in the walls until they die, a failing car wash tunnel, grimy floors and shops full of broken equipment. Broken toilets and sinks that have been backed up with the same grey water for weeks. If she wants to actually see the company we all see she should drive to a town unannounced and have a tour of a REAL UPS in the conditions we all work in every day.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Personally I don't see much anything crazy happening after peak.It's only %5 which will quit or retire by then. Only real pita is folks who expected 6-month PT-to-FT promotions are going to be waiting at least 3 years now.

The hiring spree was real though, I've never seen such an interesting cast of folks. Just a grab bag of professional and unprofessional hires.

I think real capacity and excess of delivery networks is vastly overestimated due to labor hiring conditions.

Thebrownblob

Personally I don't see much anything crazy happening after peak.It's only %5 which will quit or retire by then. Only real pita is folks who expected 6-month PT-to-FT promotions are going to be waiting at least 3 years now.

The hiring spree was real though, I've never seen such an interesting cast of folks. Just a grab bag of professional and unprofessional hires.

I think real capacity and excess of delivery networks is vastly overestimated due to labor hiring conditions.
The retirements will most likely depend on your location and how much seniority these guys have. We have a lot of guys now who are already up close to 35 years and every single one of them is contemplating leaving after the first of the year could be as much as 10%. Couple hundred people.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I wish they would let our CEO walk through a real UPS building. Not a new automated perfect hub. Come walk through our offices with mice that hide in the walls until they die, a failing car wash tunnel, grimy floors and shops full of broken equipment. Broken toilets and sinks that have been backed up with the same grey water for weeks. If she wants to actually see the company we all see she should drive to a town unannounced and have a tour of a REAL UPS in the conditions we all work in every day.

Why is nobody filing grievances or complaints with OSHA ?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
uh not what I’m saying , I’m saying I went RPCD way before the 2019 cut off..I can’t be forced Saturdays ..🤦‍♂️

1693163135744.png