Police Brutality & Executions

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Nothing. Leave her there and ignore her.
You can't let 1 student get away with that and the whole class see it and feed off it. Anarchy will ensue.
Do you even realize that if this video was to go before a jury in a court of law that my point of view concerning this video could very well be the point of view of a jury as well. Not that I am saying that this video will go before a jury
I don't believe a jury would convict the officer of anything. Too many old school people on juries are tired of seeing this kind of civil disobedience.

oldngray

nowhere special
How about shifting the blame back to the disobedient girl who started everything and escalated the situation by her bad behavior? The cop didn't just wander into that room. He was called there to remove a disruptive student. She was interfering with the education of the other students and most of them sided with the cop. Should one person be allowed to hold many others hostage by her bad behavior with no consequences?

newfie

I would also be curious as to what was said.

Absolutely but not in the manner that he did.

When a principle calls in a police officer its safe to say physical removal is a very likely option. if that was not the intent then the principle could have called in a guidance counselor to sweet talk the brat out of the classroom.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
First of all, I was discussing the first video on this thread and not the school one. The one where a cop is punching a black woman on the side of a California freeway. I didn't realize this thread has drifted quite a bit. What would I have done? I would have called for backup as there would be no telling how things would go down with the various crazies in today's society. Then I would have attempted to stop her from going into traffic on the freeway. If she got violent, then I would have done everything possible to nuetralize her as a threat. Whether that would be to taze her if I had access to a tazer or use the baton to both defend myself from her as well as to subdue her. I would have done what it takes to wrestle her down to the ground on her stomach and pin her there. Then pin her arms behind her back and cuff her. And if for some reason wrestling her to the ground is too dangerous, I would use the baton as a means to discourage her from the traffic and encourage her to head in a direction away from the highway and wait for the backup to arrive to deal with her. Either way I would not just go and assault her regardless of what she had done in the beginning.

As for the incident in the school with the student refusing to stop texting on a cell phone. When I was growing up, the school would have dealt with the problem themselves. It usually would have involved detention or suspension of the student and the parents notified. The police would not have been called out to deal with the student who was not a danger.

On a similar note there was an incident where I live recently. I currently live in a trailer park and there is this resident in the park that has made some enemies of some of the other residents. I have only seen two of the incidents between him and the other residents. Based on what I have seen from the first incident, I would say that his problem is using poor judgement and handling the situation in a verbally confrontational way. He was going around the trailer park collecting aluminum cans at night and walking between trailers. His neighbor called the police on him as a result. He ended up getting ticketed by the police. The second incident that I saw was a clear case of harassment against him as he was doing nothing wrong. All he was doing was lounging on a chair in the pool area listening to a portable music device. Another one of the resident's who is a part of the trailer park block watch is walking by the pool and sees him. Apparently this resident thought this guy was sleeping in the pool area. So this resident enters the pool area to have a word with him. I didn't hear what this resident had said to him, but I did hear his reply back. He basically said that he was being harassed and if they wanted to call the police on him to go ahead. The resident then leaves and does just that. The police arrive and speak to the resident that called them first. Then they enter the pool area and speak with this guy. Then they go back out and speak with the resident who called them. Then the police arrested the resident for having them come out for no apparent reason.

GillEagan

Here's CNN's take on having police officers in schools.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/27/us/south-carolina-school-resource-officers/

I do agree with the article for the most part but not entirely. I think if we have police in schools, they should be there to enforce the law only when needed, such as when a students is clearly a danger and when drugs are involved. Using them for behavioral problems is not appropriate and should be left up to the school to handle. Criminalizing kids for behavioral issues is just not the answer. Seeing to it that they get help and involving the parents on the other hand is. Suspension and expulsions would also be appropriate in this case.

It looks like Duputy Ben Fields has been fired from his job. The FBI and DOJ are now investigating this. Also the city the schools is in is also investigating this.

Last edited:

GillEagan

only because he's white. The DOJ has become the brown shirts of this country.

I have to disagree. This officer has a history of violence and a couple of dismissed lawsuits over his past actions. I think this is appropriate action.

GillEagan

i'm not aware of anyone that has ever been convicted by dismissed lawsuit until your post.

Neither am I for that matter. It's not the lawsuits that would do it but his actions that prompted the lawsuits. The lawsuits just help to document a problem.