Police Brutality & Executions

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
psychiatrist from afar? you realize you don't have to threaten a police officer to be physically restrained by one? you realize the video shows her resisting arrest and hitting the police officer? you folks realize the administrator asked to have her removed when she refused to comply with his request to leave? you realize you do not have the right to go into a classroom and disrupt it?

I get the impression that you are all for this officers behavior. If this is your idea of restraining, then perhaps you should go see a psychiatrist which you're accusing me of being. Whether this person was resisting arrest and hitting the officer in the beginning does not matter. That does not give the officer the right to go and take his frustrations out on her. Do you even realize that if this video was to go before a jury in a court of law that my point of view concerning this video could very well be the point of view of a jury as well. Not that I am saying that this video will go before a jury. However I suppose with your twisted logic, that the jury would be psychiatrists from afar too.

rod

Retired 22 years
I get the impression that you are all for this officers behavior. If this is your idea of restraining, then perhaps you should go see a psychiatrist which you're accusing me of being. Whether this person was resisting arrest and hitting the officer in the beginning does not matter. That does not give the officer the right to go and take his frustrations out on her. Do you even realize that if this video was to go before a jury in a court of law that my point of view concerning this video could very well be the point of view of a jury as well. Not that I am saying that this video will go before a jury. However I suppose with your twisted logic, that the jury would be psychiatrists from afar too.

I've asked other posters on this thread but I will try you. What would you have done? Not what you wouldn't have done but seriously "what would you do in this situation?

542thruNthru

That student was not typical of today's students.

I'm sorry but I love when people say things like this.

How old is your youngest upstate?

How many people live in your town/city?

What year did your youngest graduate?

How many students graduated in your youngest's class?

You're small compared to most places ok Mr. Footloose dad. You have no idea about today's student.

I had over 1k in my graduating class. Had a few people just like her that didn't care about the consequences. They had family problems just like her. To be completely honest most went out almost the same way in the end. The only difference was it wasn't in the class room.

I feel for her I really do.... she lost a lot but... everyone one has a tragedy in life sooner or later. Think about our history. You think kids didn't loose fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters?

542thruNthru

She did not FALL. SHE was THROWN back violently while sitting in the desk. And then tossed into the corner like a doll to subdue and cuff her. If that were her parent, they'd be arrested for assault and child endangerment. His own sheriff has come out publicly and stated there was no justification for such use of force. What else do you need to understand the officer was in the wrong?

I know that no matter what I say you are going to see what you see....

First let me say I'm not saying the situation couldn't have been handled differently.

Of the 3 different videos I watched. The officer was on the side of the desk against the wall and first engaged her with his words.

He then proceeded to remover her when she REFUSED to move. She DID struggle and he tipped the desk by grabbing the front of it by the table end(which is actually plain to see in the video). He then grabbed her and yes TOSSED her to NOT the corner but the front of the class room ( which is obvious because the chairs are facing that way.) So that he could restrain her and remove her with out being put in a bad position against the wall.

The parents argument is lame to be honest. I've seen parents drag their kid kicking and screaming across a floor. I've seen parents slap and spank their kids. Non are in jail. Plus most kids fear their parents more then anyone else in the world so they would have had more authority then a officer in their eyes.

The sheriff is a politician. Seriously what else is he going to say? The officer could of handled it differently but he was called in to remove her. If he wasn't why didn't the teacher or the principal handle things?

Hind sight is 20/20. Next time you get called into the office for making a decision on the fly remember that.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm sorry but I love when people say things like this.

How old is your youngest upstate?

How many people live in your town/city?

What year did your youngest graduate?

How many students graduated in your youngest's class?

You're small compared to most places ok Mr. Footloose dad. You have no idea about today's student.

I had over 1k in my graduating class. Had a few people just like her that didn't care about the consequences. They had family problems just like her. To be completely honest most went out almost the same way in the end. The only difference was it wasn't in the class room.

I feel for her I really do.... she lost a lot but... everyone one has a tragedy in life sooner or later. Think about our history. You think kids didn't loose fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters?
Out of 1000+ you only had a few like her. So then you would agree with upstate that she is not typical of today's students? Because by your own numbers it seems the ones like her are the exception not the typical.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I've asked other posters on this thread but I will try you. What would you have done? Not what you wouldn't have done but seriously "what would you do in this situation?
Nothing. Leave her there and ignore her. Where did the sense of urgency come from I don't get it. Why could it not have been dealt with after class in a sit down where ideally her parents would be present.

Calling the cops in on a kid misbehaving in school lol. What a freaking joke.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nothing. Leave her there and ignore her. Where did the sense of urgency come from I don't get it. Why could it not have been dealt with after class in a sit down where ideally her parents would be present.

Calling the cops in on a kid misbehaving in school lol. What a freaking joke.

They didn't have to "call in the cops"---the officer was assigned to that school----and she wasn't merely "misbehaving"-----she was being unruly and needed to be removed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Right those officers that are assigned to keep out the "bad guys". Guess we get to see their real purpose in this video.

Our local school districts used to have a police officer assigned to each school. The vast majority of their job was to foster an atmosphere of trust between the students and administration. Every once in a while they had to perform their police duties.

Budget cuts ended this practice. The HS has a corrections officer who works there as his schedule permits.