Police Brutality & Executions

trickpony1

Maybe the "little girl" was just wanting attention.....and she got it.

It just wasn't exactly the attention she wanted and the situation spiraled out of control and became someone else's fault.

newfie

always is. white cop black a-hole , white cop is always wrong. if it was a black cop or a white a-hole we wouldn't be talking about it.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
While I can't see how this got started or why it was started, the video is clear that this person was not a threat to the officer at that point in time. The officer was not justified in their use of force at that point. Also punching a suspect under these circumstances is definitely not a good idea. Subduing a suspect on the other hand is. What this officer was doing definitely was not subduing the suspect.

My guess on this person's behavior is that they were either mentally ill or suicidal. I don't think drugs are involved in this case as this person was blocking the punches. Some one on drugs would have been fighting back.

542thruNthru

Shouldn't we fire the principal also? All these suggestions (that most people are not giving and are just being arm chair quarterbacks in this thread) are things like talk to the student. Have the class leave. Ignore the student. Isn't that something the principal should have decided?

When the principal called in the officer she was pretty much telling him. "You need to handle this situation and get this student out of here."

Also can we stop saying she got violently beaten. He tried to pull her out of the chair she resisted and fell. He dragged and moved her to a more open area to restrain her. He didn't punch her, he didn't kick her and he didn't put her in a choke hold.

MAKAVELI

Shouldn't we fire the principal also? All these suggestions (that most people are not giving and are just being arm chair quarterbacks in this thread) are things like talk to the student. Have the class leave. Ignore the student. Isn't that something the principal should have decided?

When the principal called in the officer she was pretty much telling him. "You need to handle this situation and get this student out of here."

Also can we stop saying she got violently beaten. He tried to pull her out of the chair she resisted and fell. He dragged and moved her to a more open area to restrain her. He didn't punch her, he didn't kick her and he didn't put her in a choke hold.
She did not FALL. SHE was THROWN back violently while sitting in the desk. And then tossed into the corner like a doll to subdue and cuff her. If that were her parent, they'd be arrested for assault and child endangerment. His own sheriff has come out publicly and stated there was no justification for such use of force. What else do you need to understand the officer was in the wrong?

newfie

While I can't see how this got started or why it was started, the video is clear that this person was not a threat to the officer
My guess on this person's behavior is that they were either mentally ill or suicidal. I don't think drugs are involved in this case as this person was blocking the punches. Some one on drugs would have been fighting back.

psychiatrist from afar? you realize you don't have to threaten a police officer to be physically restrained by one? you realize the video shows her resisting arrest and hitting the police officer? you folks realize the administrator asked to have her removed when she refused to comply with his request to leave? you realize you do not have the right to go into a classroom and disrupt it?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I never imagined that kids would be so crude as to not listen to the teacher when told something many times. This was not a deaf class!!
This student was the typical student of today who feels they don't have to listen or pay attention.....about time someone showed what happens when you're an *** in class.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I never imagined that kids would be so crude as to not listen to the teacher when told something many times. This was not a deaf class!!
This student was the typical student of today who feels they don't have to listen or pay attention.....about time someone showed what happens when you're an *** in class.

That student was not typical of today's students.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That student was not typical of today's students.
When's the last time you stood in front of a classful of students? Hubby did it years ago.....with UPS and he said those kids were all jerks and talked the entire time he was talking. He said he'd never do it again.....and that was in Utah.