President Obama!

newfie

All but ready to surrender?

They had the military trying to overthrow the Emperor after 2 atomic bombs were dropped and the Soviet invasion of the northern islands.

So I want to know we're you get that ALL BUT READY TO SURRENDER garbage?

Because history says that is not true.

he makes it up as he goes . kind of like Klein. Create a narrative and then see if it sticks.

10 point

That would have been embarrassing.
We're to that for the last eight yrs.
11708071.7190174.jpg

MAKAVELI

The Atomic Bomb Didn't End the War
As the National Museum of the U.S. Navy makes clear, the atomic bombs had little to do with the end of the war. The museum's display on the bombings unambiguously states that the atomic bombings "made little impact on the Japanese military. However, the Soviet invasion of Manchuria … changed their minds." As shocking as this may be to Americans today, it was well known to military leaders at the time. In fact, seven of America's eight five-star officers in 1945 said that the bombs were either militarily unnecessary, morally reprehensible or both.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
As the National Museum of the U.S. Navy makes clear, the atomic bombs had little to do with the end of the war. The museum's display on the bombings unambiguously states that the atomic bombings "made little impact on the Japanese military. However, the Soviet invasion of Manchuria … changed their minds." As shocking as this may be to Americans today, it was well known to military leaders at the time. In fact, seven of America's eight five-star officers in 1945 said that the bombs were either militarily unnecessary, morally reprehensible or both.
After arguing with me for 2 days, you now post a report saying exactly what I've been telling you.

Anytime you want to know the truth about anything, come to me 1st.

It will save you a lot of embarrassment in the future.

newfie

you guys love to rewrite history and you can always find a source to support you.

the question when you have this argument is knowing what you knew then would you have dropped the bomb or risked the lives of millions of our servicemen.

what war is not morally reprehensible

Not buying it. Nobody surrenders until they surrender. Hindsight is always 20/20. The US didn't have this hindsight in 1945. Now correct me if I'm wrong.
On August 6th the Japanese had not surrendered. The first bomb was dropped. August 7th still no surrender. That tells me, they aren't ready to surrender, and they still want to be evolved. On August 9th the second bomb was dropped. Still no surrender on the 10th, 11th, or 12th. Then on August 15, Japan’s Emperor Hirohito announced his country’s unconditional surrender in World War II in a radio address, citing the devastating power of “a new and most cruel bomb.”

moreluck

golden ticket member
President Obama signed legislation this week that replaced the term "Eskimo" in all federal laws with the phrase "Alaska Native." "Fine, I'll have seven Alaska Native pies," said Chris Christie.

-- Seth Meyers