Seemingly uncaring mgt

blkmamba

Methods have nothing to do with joints wearing out CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Most of the injuries are repetitive injuries, if you don't think this is fact, YOU'RE LYING TO YOURSELF.
Never said they weren't. What I meant was not working by the methods almost guarantees an injury at some point. It's a physical and eventually it will wear down, I get that but the methods help preserve it better. I really think UPS needs to look at better ways to promote safety. Less work, the easiest solution but not going to happen. There has to be a better solution so that when you retire, you're not crippled.

blkmamba

Methods have nothing to do with joints wearing out CAPTAIN OBVIOUS. Most of the injuries are repetitive injuries, if you don't think this is fact, YOU'RE LYING TO YOURSELF.
Also since I am captain obvious it's not the joints you need to be worried, but the cartilage that cushions the joints. Haha sorry.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Never said they weren't. What I meant was not working by the methods almost guarantees an injury at some point. It's a physical and eventually it will wear down, I get that but the methods help preserve it better. I really think UPS needs to look at better ways to promote safety. Less work, the easiest solution but not going to happen. There has to be a better solution so that when you retire, you're not crippled.
Methods do your correct but doesn't take away from the workloads and weights of these boxes nowadays. Just ridiculous nowadays really. They try n kill ya every day, all because they think we make too much. Message to them: WE DESERVE EVERY PENNY WE GET PAID SLAVEDRIVINASCZZ MOFOES lol

Last edited by a moderator:

blkmamba

Methods do your correct but doesn't take away from the retarded workloads and retarded weights of these boxes nowadays. Just ridiculous nowadays really. They try n kill ya every day, all because they think we make too much. Message to them: WE DESERVE EVERY PENNY WE GET PAID SLAVEDRIVINASCZZ MOFOES lol
Your workload just be dependent on age. I had an employee who was hired at 68 years old and expected to load. I would get screamed at daily for him to work faster, what did they expect when they hired him. He knew how much I got yelled and was a pretty chill guy with plenty of life stories and was just looking for something to do.

I really think the workload should be dependent on age. The older you get the lighter the load. To bad that won't happen.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Your workload just be dependent on age. I had an employee who was hired at 68 years old and expected to load. I would get screamed at daily for him to work faster, what did they expect when they hired him. He knew how much I got yelled and was a pretty chill guy with plenty of life stories and was just looking for something to do.

I really think the workload should be dependent on age. The older you get the lighter the load. To bad that won't happen.
Now your coming around dude, should be that way no doubt man.

Johney

By not following the methods you risk traumatic injury,by following the methods you risk repetitive injury. Double edge sword. If they spent more time weeding out the B.S. claims and let the legit ones steer their course. Instead of just saying they are all B.S. I assure you they know what are B.S. and what aren't.

Overpaid Union Thug

I wouldn't say it's a tactic as the majority of my employees chose to work without using the methods. However, management needs to do a better job training the methods, their importance, and reinforcing them. PCM's and paper handouts are obviously not effective. You're also making an ASSUMPTION that all management jump to conclusions without having evidence. This is not always the case.

Assumptions on both sides can be dangerous.
There is no assumption on my part. This behavior has become a standard management tactic. And if "your" employees are not following the methods and without any recourse then that reflects rather poorly on you for not correcting the problem. It also shows that you are also likely using another ludicrous management technique that involves looking the other way until the problem lands in your lap. But why not? It works out for you. You got your numbers and once the employee falls out you can just toss him under the boss.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
By not following the methods you risk traumatic injury,by following the methods you risk repetitive injury. Double edge sword. If they spent more time weeding out the B.S. claims and let the legit ones steer their course. Instead of just saying they are all B.S. I assure you they know what are B.S. and what aren't.
No blood?
I'm not sure.

oldngray

nowhere special
Maybe ... but it certainly is the easiest technique.
ludicrous-speed.jpg

jamescasey420

There is no assumption on my part. This behavior has become a standard management tactic. And if "your" employees are not following the methods and without any recourse then that reflects rather poorly on you for not correcting the problem. It also shows that you are also likely using another ludicrous management technique that involves looking the other way until the problem lands in your lap. But why not? It works out for you. You got your numbers and once the employee falls out you can just toss him under the boss.

Management is also required to follow methods, when terminating an employee. How often is that practice used? Along with there safety 24/7 book. Mgmt. needs to read old and new labor codes or they will be in hot water!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Management is also required to follow methods, when terminating an employee. How often is that practice used? Along with there safety 24/7 book. Mgmt. needs to read old and new labor codes or they will be in hot water!
Not to split hairs but it is procedures ... not methods.
Depends on the state.

Overpaid Union Thug

Regardless ... they're not methods.

But thanks oh Master of DIAD recording.

DIAD recording? That's a management technique used by gutless drivers to avoid late NDAs. I would just deliver them the proper way after informing them that they will be late. Being honest is so much easier. But I don't think they emphasize that in the panel that management candidates have to sit through.