sorrows of a unloader

PT Car Washer

Yes it does say that, so the way i am taking it I am considered a part time union member and should not be let go after peak. I should be guaranteed my 3.5 hours a day, work or no work.
There are guys with 30 years PT seniority who are laid off when there is no work. Think about that.

Jahrose

Umm...and do you have some UPS paperwork verifying your permanent status?
UPS ID. UPERS. Union dues and Init dues. If i am seasonal why would they do all that, a waste of money. I remember the HR telling us that we would all be here after peak season. I feel so ripped off. I should be paid 3.5 hours work or no work. I have school to pay for, gas, food etc. I will contact HR next week and ask what is the situation.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
UPS ID. UPERS. Union dues and Init dues. If i am seasonal why would they do all that, a waste of money. I remember the HR telling us that we would all be here after peak season. I feel so ripped off. I should be paid 3.5 hours work or no work. I have school to pay for, gas, food etc. I will contact HR next week and ask what is the situation.
Wow....don't you have an inflated sense of self. You have not attained seniority....non seniority employees are not entitled to a 3.5 hour guarantee unless your supplement says otherwise. No one owes you anything....regardless of your personal obligations.

Jahrose

Wow....don't you have an inflated sense of self. You have not attained seniority....non seniority employees are not entitled to a 3.5 hour guarantee unless your supplement says otherwise. No one owes you anything....regardless of your personal obligations.
Entitled why would you say such a thing. I took a part time job that HR said was 3.5 hours a day. Wow I am living high on the hog you simpleton. Believe me I enjoyed working there but the work is way to hard for the crappy pay. It should be at least 20 hour for that job. I am not through with this yet.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
You haven't called the union and talked to the Business Agent yet?

Oh well. By next week it might be too late to do anything, and you really will be out of a job.

And I'm pretty sure your daily/weekly guarantees only apply when you are scheduled to work. Have you checked into possible unemployment compensation yet?

Jahrose

Some people say I should wait. Should I call HR first, then the Business Agent. Where do I get the business agent numbers. Thanks for giving me advice and not calling me entitled like some of the other simpletons have.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Some people say I should wait. Should I call HR first, then the Business Agent. Where do I get the business agent numbers. Thanks for giving me advice and not calling me entitled like some of the other simpletons have.

Come on Man!!!
Call them both consecutively.
Order makes no difference.

Use the Force
You can't "Google" everything.

PT Car Washer

Come on Man!!!
Call them both consecutively.
Order makes no difference.

Use the Force
You can't "Google" everything.
Sure go ahead and burn all your bridges. As a seasonal employee you don't have many options. UPS will let you know when they have work for you. Don't call us, we will call you. Don't stop applying for other jobs in the meantime.

nicky

I can only tell you about my building, but there are 0 permanent employees hired once peak starts. Everyone hired after that is a temp seasonal employee. You werent told, well years and years ago when I started as a helper I was told I was full time. I later discovered this was only in case I worked more than 5 hours which never happened so they didnt have to pay me OT. Your job ended and as such entitled to look for another job or sit by the phone. You will not get a dime from UPS.

Jahrose

So really its a bait and switch, because HR said that we will all be here after the peak. So here I am paying dues to a union and a init fee. In CA UPS cannot hire temporary employees according to the contract.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So really its a bait and switch, because HR said that we will all be here after the peak. So here I am paying dues to a union and a init fee. In CA UPS cannot hire temporary employees according to the contract.
HR lies....it is what it is. They will call you as needed.

fres431

Incorrect, I was hired as a regular part time employee. There was some seasonal employees hired with me but I was the only one hired as a regular. Under article 22 section 5 I am guaranteed 3.5 hours a day, volume or no volume.
NorCal doesn't have seasonal employees, you are only guaranteed 3.5hrs if you are scheduled to work. If you are laid off do to volume drop you are then unemployed and yes you can collect. Off the street driver helpers we do have, however I believe they have to sign a waiver of exemption on filing for unemployment.

fres431

It's not a bait and switch if you were a driver helper off the street your done. You will be put back in the hiring pool if hr gets good feed back from your drivers or coordinators. If your whine and complain enough they will put you on the do not rehire list. That lost does exist I have seen it when he pulls up a name there is a field that says rehire or not. Jahrose without being specific what part of CA you in?